Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

magic the gathering

Options
  • 23-01-2004 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

there's prolly one around here somewhere, but if there isn't any chance of a magic forum?

im sure there'll be loads of support (thats why im guessing there already is one)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

There was a thread a week or so requesting such a forum. Didn't get much support.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

amp - the murderer of new board suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

I think they already have some forums linked off http://www.ccgireland.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Yes but this will be one on boards, and enable us to boost our post count!

I mean...

It would be better, as it willdraw users, and i wont have to register a new account else where (i'm lazy, so sue me)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Vader

This gets my vote. I would be very interested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

even though it failed last time i wanna add my support again.

Originally posted by Regi
    I think they already have some forums linked off http://www.ccgireland.com

ive been checking out that site for a while and the only working, active forums it leads to are, believe it or not, boards.ie, which doesnt have a magic the gathering forum. Perhaps we could make it a private board and people could request access?

Posted by ecksor before closing the last request thread
    Nein! Pix'n'Mix is the spiritual (and holiday) home of MTG.

Eh ecks, Pix'n'Mix is a photoshopping forum with 1 thread about BTG cards. nothing to do with MTG at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Id like to see one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

yes please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Brian Houlihan

Hey,
    Gets my vote, how long till this idea is shot down?

Originally posted by Gordon
    amp - the murderer of new board suggestions

Moi? Just merely stating facts...

/me strolls off whistling innocently

Originally posted by amp
    There was a thread a week or so requesting such a forum. Didn't get much support.

isnt the frequency of requests an indicator of support?

No, it just means that two people had the same idea.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I know wookie (one of the Gods of Irish Magic) from Gaelcon. I'll ask him (he's on Boards already) and see what he thinks. If there is a community there already, then its the community I'll support...

DeV.

Anything happenning on this DeV?

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

Most interesting... I'd definitely be in favour.

I hope to hear an update soon :p

}:>

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

just back from hol, I'll talk to wookie in the next while and see what he thinks...

DeV.
    ps: till then I'll stickie it to remind myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

First, you'll have to remind yourself to stickie it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

It'd be very interesting. What kind of rules would be imposed on such a forum though?

• Advertisement

Obviously the usual no trolling, no flaming stuff

Might be a good idea to stop people posting up just to brag about their cool cards ie

"HA! i have akroma angel of wrath, ph33r my superiority, you all suck!"

Hmmm, not sure if offering trades should be allowed, but cash deals would probly be a bad idea....

(is over-thinking this, sorry)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭americanCat

YAY!!! a Magic the Gathering forum!!!! i think that'd be pretty kewl...we could compare tactics and cards and stuff! and we could talk about which types of packs we like better and maybe even argue over variations in the rules..hehe..and my fav. card that i possess is a phantom nishoba..anybody wanna play sometime???
    ~cat~

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Carbiens

wrath o' god....................BANG!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Originally posted by Raphael
    Obviously the usual no trolling, no flaming stuff

Might be a good idea to stop people posting up just to brag about their cool cards
    It would most likely need to be heavily moderated. Maybe even 5 mods would be needed.

maybe more along the lines of 1 IMHO, or was that sarcasm, i only just got up so im not sure

I dont think it would need very heavy moderation, except for the first while when people would come in and spam it for the laugh, after its been around a while, it should slow down

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Sounds good, sign me up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

But the question is how much use would the board get?
    I play Magic myself, but I'm curious as to what the hell you could talk about that would warrant a forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Well, we could always suck it and see. We usually give most forums a few weeks to get on their feet.

Aye, I havent been able to talk to Wookie recently but I think we should just go and do this and see how it works out. Regi, can you look after this for mods and what not.... you know more about the community these days then I do.

DeV.

• Advertisement

excellent :) /me thinks of organising a boards.ie magic tourney........more info on the forum....whenever its up

btw raph, i have an akroma too, and yes she does ROCK

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement