Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marketing Slogan Mistakes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

very amusing 10 minutes or so...worth a visit :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

someone spent a lot of time making that webpage.. i think they like typing

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

What I liked was the way the they actually checked a lot of the stories rather than just parroting them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

An American t-shirt maker in Miami printed shirts for the Spanish market which promoted the Pope's visit. Instead of the desired "I saw the Pope" in Spanish, the shirts proclaimed "I saw the Potato."

LOL, thats excellent :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

I find that site impossible to read.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

In Taiwan, the translation of the Pepsi slogan "Come alive with the Pepsi Generation" came out as "Pepsi will bring your ancestors back from the dead."

LOL:D

Chicken-man Frank Perdue's slogan, "It takes a tough man to make a tender chicken," got terribly mangled in another Spanish translation. A photo of Perdue with one of his birds appeared on billboards all over Mexico with a caption that explained "It takes a hard man to make a chicken aroused."

Very unlikely.

Advertisement