Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vidoe to video

Options
  • 23-01-2004 3:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

I might make this problem seem more complicated than it is.

I am copying a wedding tape for my cousin, its about 4hrs long in all - not the wedding ths whole day. Now its on a 180min video tape

I was recording the video using 2 videos, BUT I onyl get 3 hrs of it taped.

What setting do I need to have my recored set to in order for this to tape properly

ie, playing video LP (ovbiously)#

recording video LP or SP, and would this solve the problem

many thanks
    paddy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

The vcr playing the wedding will auto switch to whatever recording speed was used, to fit 4hrs on a 3hr tape you need to set the recording vcr to LP (6hrs total on an E-180). However if you are copying vhs to vhs you would be better off getting an E-240 and recording it in SP, LP really gives a lousy picture especially if it is a copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I am copying a wedding tape for my cousin, its about 4hrs long in all - not the wedding ths whole day. Now its on a 180min video tape

Do you mean the original is on a 180 min tape ? Thats 3 hours isn't it. Is this a copy by any chance of the original 4 hours you mention. If so its more likely to already be in LP mode. A copy from this would be a disaster IMO.

If I'm right then you should try to get the original tape and copy it to get the best possible quality from this method. Some form of video enhancer may help perk it up a little.

Tinky

Advertisement