Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

£12.825million-Too much

• 23-01-2004 4:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭

Saha's deal went through earlier

United payed out £12.825million

£11.5million to Fulham

£0.75million to agents

£0.575million to F.A.

What do you think,is it too much???

£12.825millionToo much for Saha?? 35 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 35 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭DEG viper

in my opinion i think that he is a good player who will hopefully help united to defend the title and succeed in Europe but United payed at least 4 million to much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Before you say anything Kmart I am not having a go at you just making a point.:)

Saha 1
    Saha 2
    Saha 3 <-- merged, 3 threads in one!
    Saha 4
    and now Saha 5.

LOL.
    Yes - 10
    No - 0
    We have the answer already.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

£12.825million-Too much

nuff said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

only the most blinkered man united supporter could possibly say hes worth anything like that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    Before you say anything Kmart I am not having a go at you just making a point.:)

Oh I know theres been a bit to many about him,but they were all the same and went way off topic.

I just wanted to see if people thought it was too much or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Originally posted by Helix
    only the most blinkered man united supporter could possibly say hes worth anything like that

I think that was a steal and if united have any morals they should give Fulham another 6 million at least and the poor FA got a bum deal too United should donate
    Rios next 8 months wages to them as a good will gesture.

OK i'll be serious, in todays market those figures are at least 6 Million too much if you consider Butt is available for 5m and alan smith is rumoured to be available at 3m. That said if his goals win united the premiership or champions league well then I would have been right first time.

Originally posted by The Muppet
    OK i'll be serious, in todays market those figures are about 6 Million too much if you consider Butt is available for 5m and alan smith is rumoured to be available at 3m.

whoever gfets the two of them will be getting rtwo bargin's.There quaility players

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

Ye i think its a lot of money alright. Whether or not he will be worth it CLEARLY depends on his performances between the time he plays and the summer.

If he is ****, it wont be worth it.

If he is amazing and scores vital goals, it will soooo be worth it.

Therefore another option should be added in the poll:

Yes

No

Depends on how he plays

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Two Words - Too Much

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Ronaldo7
    If he is ****, it wont be worth it.

If he is amazing and scores vital goals, it will soooo be worth it.

Well of course he wont be worth it if he's 5H1T and everyone will think hes great if he scores let alone in important games

Originally posted by kmart6
    Well of course he wont be worth it if he's 5H1T and everyone will think hes great if he scores let alone in important games

therefore his value should not be evaluated until his performances are taken into account?

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

should be good but hope fully he will play well with the team and not be another veron.
    If you think 12.825 mill is too much what a waste of 28.100 mill was.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

12.825!!

i think its 12 million too much to be honest lol :)

he will do ok but will never be worth that!
    fulham got him for 2 million or something but just cause he is having a good few months doesnt mean he is the new ruud!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

I think its too early to say if its too much or not. No one thinks twice about Van Nistelrooy's fee because he justified it so maybe this topic is a bit early.

Will be interesting to say how he'll do. He'll certainly have more chances/better assistance at Utd. Plus Utd dominate games for long periods whereas Fulham generally don't!

Anyway that money is like a normal person losing 5 cent to Utd so to them its nothing

Originally posted by James R
    Anyway that money is like a normal person losing 5 cent to Utd so to them its nothing

So thats not the point,it's way to much on him I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

give the guy a chance at least let him show us wat he can do for the team!!

it may seem a bit much now but if he does the biz then he'll be worth the money!!

don't hang him before he's been tried!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Heskeys a better player tbh :)

Originally posted by ButcherOfNog

Now thats not even funny!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

if you put it in perspective, united would EASILY have got angel for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Originally posted by Ronaldo7
    therefore his value should not be evaluated until his performances are taken into account?

taking that point so, what exactly has he done in his career so far? Has he had a £13m career?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

was emile heskey worth 11m?? diouf worth 10m?? salif diao 5m? 13m for saha ain't that bad considering he's fulhams main man and top goalscorer, they didnt want him to go.

he's an established premiership player with goals behind him. if heskeys worth 11m, saha's easily worth 13m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

u cant justify 1 waste of money by listing others, take it as one transfere and forget others , is he worth it based on what hes done through his career, any1 got stats handy?

Based on his career no he is not worth it.

He has only had one u21 france game and a few u17 appearances.

But we didnt pay that much money for his past career. We are paying it because of what he is going to do in the future...

So at the end of the season, we should all continue this discussion about whether or not his transfer fee was worth it. Would be more interesting too.

Originally posted by smemon
    he's an established premiership player
    Just about. He was super in division one and I think he was top scorer before Fulham got promoted. When Fulham came into the premiership Saha dropped in form and only this season he has started to score. If I was a Fulham fan I really wouldn't be too dissapointed by his departure given the amount of money received.

Only time will tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

I don't think you can really base his future career on how he'll do at Utd. He could be superb because lets face it he'll be playing with better players who have more of the ball and therefore create more chances.

On the other hand he could flop and the pressure of playing for Utd could be too much or he might be found out that hes not actually good enough but either way his earlier career makes no bearing on how he'll do at Utd imo.

I mean who the hell was Tim Howard!?

Exactly my point. Who the hell WAS tim howard? I never EVER heard of him...now he is a savage goalkeeper at Utd and one of the best in the league based on form this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭paddyduff

Too much? Maybe for a team like Bolton or some other premiership minnow... this is Manchester United we're talking about here, it's hardly a major gamble... Has he been over-valued by todays market standings? I don't think so. The fee reflects his value based on present day form. He mightn't live up to expectations and find it hard going at a higher profile club... that remains to be seen. He's getting Andy Coles no. 9 shirt and I think he can do just as well as Cole, as he has every bit as much in his locker as Cole did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Can't really say.

Could you say before Ronaldo joined that his fee was worth it?
    Based on past preformances, absolutely not.

However I'd say now that it was definally worth it.
    We will just have to wait and see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

yere all saying that he's not worth it but come this time next year how many ye will be saying "oh he is some player sure i always said he was great!!!" wait till he starts playing before ye judge him about been worth it or not. the same thing happened when forlan came everyone were saying he was useless then when he scored a few goals people were saying "oh he's great" etc...... imo i think he was a great buy and will really complement ruud lets just hope im right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I still think he over valued just because he is going to United. Ok Fulham appanetly didn't want to sell so that upped the price but if you consider that Alan Smith and Vaduak would be available for a fraction of thia fee.

On a sidenot it was very intersting to see united declare who was getting what from the deal , I wonder will all clubs be so open about future dealings.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by ButcherOfNog
    Good lord I hope not! :D

Originally posted by The Muppet
    I still think he over valued just because he is going to United. Ok Fulham appanetly didn't want to sell so that upped the price but if you consider that Alan Smith and Vaduak would be available for a fraction of thia fee.

On a sidenot it was very intersting to see united declare who was getting what from the deal , I wonder will all clubs be so open about future dealings.

smith and viduka would bring nothing new. They are both **** emulations of Ruud Van nist. Saha is totally different. Hes got incredible pace and is good in the air. Something we have been missing since yorke and cole went. He is like an emulation of Henry although not as good...yet. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭DEG viper

He does not pocess the skill that Henry has. I hope he is better in the air than Henry as heading is 1 of Henrys weaknesses

• Advertisement
Advertisement