Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DigiWeb query

• 23-01-2004 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone have comments on DigiWeb's wireless offering, I know they have 3.5Ghz license, but are they rolling this out, (when and where) and if so, will they be using Ripwave equipment? Any info on reliability / service would be appreciated.
    Have tried emailing them but no response.

Thanks

Paulski

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

Check the site, they have begun rolling out already. Drogheda dundalk meade etc. I've seen the ad's in drogheda for it n all so it is Live quite a while. Speeds are meant to be good too. As for ripwave, I'm quite sure it aint. Site says direct line of sight needed so go figure really. They aint the best on replys as I've tried in the past. Your best bet is to ring them if you want a direct answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Right...

Digiweb offer 2 services - Satellite for all of ireland coverage using the EURO-bird Sat - which is good - unless you are a gamer or need very low latency......not for all people but for basic browsing and downloads it is fine - still a bit expensive compared to RADSL etc but if there are no other options then it's good.

The also have licenced and unlicenced wireless offerings - Which I have seen in action and seem very good also........I know people that use the service and they are happy with what they are getting.

The solutions to date are line of sight and to my knowledge they are not using Ripware - It's mor the Airbridge kit which has gained a good reputation in the field....

Apart form that , they are very professional and seem like a nice bunch of lads and ladies!

Hope this helps a bit!

Advertisement