Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Juniper vs Cisco

• 23-01-2004 5:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭

This is one for the future. I'm wondering where ye reckon Juniper routers will be in comparison to Cisco in a few years down the road.

Naturally Cisco have a much larger market share at the moment but I'm wondering how much of the market Juniper can capture in the next few years?

The main reason I'm interested is I want to start studying for my CCNA soon but I'm considering the more novel Juniper equivalent (JNCIA). Every man and his dog has a CCNA at this stage so I thought would being different at this stage proove useful in a few years time?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Ro

I've heard good things about Juniper routers especially for the edge router market. Ciscos are generally regarded as the best for the core market.

In terms of Certs, I wouldn't go with Juniper first. Those edge routers I mentioned are generally used for interconnecting large ISPs and there's no way a beginner would get near one. Your better off going with the Ciscos to start with and then moving on from there.

Advertisement