Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning Mirv nukes!

Options
  • 05-05-2000 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

I confirmed a qw ca duel against mirv through mirc on the slosh server.
    Once beaten mirv got aggresive towards me.
    After the match I continued to play h1 at a duel on the ca server, Mirv has left the server at this point.
    By chance I had my firewall (conseal) running in the background and also mirc. During the game against h1, internal beeps notified me I was being pinged. On reading the reports I swiftly traced it to mirv in irc.

Sample of conseal reports:

2000/05/05 9:04:39 pm GMT +0100: Dial-Up Adapter [0000][Ref# 3] Blocking incoming ICMP: src=194.165.161.73, dst=194.165.166.9, type 8.
    2000/05/05 9:04:43 pm GMT +0100: Dial-Up Adapter [0000][Ref# 3] Blocking incoming ICMP: src=194.165.161.73, dst=194.165.166.9, type 8.
    2000/05/05 9:06:25 pm GMT +0100: Dial-Up Adapter [0000][Ref# 3] Blocking outgoing ICMP: src=194.165.166.9, dst=159.134.244.206, type 3.

The ip(194.165.161.73) at the time matched that of mirv's on irc.

[This message has been edited by Skulka (edited 05-05-2000).]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Tsk. Kids these days...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭H-K

if this true i dont want these badazz punkz in DK

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Harmless bit oh, fun.................................<Slap Slap>

M1rv is a lamer

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

What exactly was this an attempt to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

maybe the kid was tryin to win a game for once. lamer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Skulka

ICMP (Internet Control Message Protocal).

Perhaps he tried to lag me in qw or even more cunning tried to fool the irc server into thinking I was disconnected (ie. by sending a ICMP packet with my source to irc server with message UNPROTOCAL).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

this is all far too "l33+ ha><or" for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

lets form a mob and tar and feather him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭H-K

lets beat him up next lan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Bold Mirv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

those logs dont seem very conclusive to me.
    they are probably just pings, if any of you talk to mirv on a regular basis on irc (and i know you dont), then you'd know that when you go afk for a while he always pings you to see if you're still alive.
    he does this to me if i've gone quiet for a fair bit, all hes doing is seeing if i'm a linkdead ghost, he's never tried to nuke me. I didnt even think it worthy of comment, tho i admit i dont like ppl pinging me
    quozl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Aww Greg...u take the fun out of everything tongue.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭madyoke

You jerks don't go n an diss m1rv like that, all dissin mirv for the sake of di$$in mirv!

Jerk off and jerk somewhere where your jerk is needed, jerk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

humour?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

I agree with quozl.m1rv often pings ppl just to see it they're there or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Lies, M1rv also told me that he asked Koopa to nuke Skulker.

So in my opinion m1rv nuked Skulker, and notice he wasn't dissed so went and asked someone with a bit of inteligence(koopa) to do it for him.

hmmm, quozl how much did mirv pay you to say that?

The pings are not regular irc pings they are ICMP pings. Irc pings do NOT show up on my firewall for a reason. ICMP pings however DO, because they are malicious. Also he knew I was still "alive" because I had just finished playing him, which is quite evident if you read my first post. Mirv had the motive to nuke me, "Once beaten he got aggresive towards me" eg. called me ignorant and a muppet, this information is also contained in my first post. Also I detected the pings and identified him swiftly, thus stopping the pings. It also only takes ONE ping to see if I am "alive", NOT 15. To say he tried to see if I was "alive" is idiotic. The pings could have only been sent for one of two purposes, which have been clearly stated in my previous post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

firewall? malicious? ca? serious? alive? motive? get a life?

heh, that comment was very easy to make however arrogant it was. The stereotyping of people that use some descriptive grammmer is quite sad.

Strange enough... I have a life, but I dont like being nuked by lamer individuals?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Indeed, this stikes me as sad and coming from me thats saying somthing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Been a few weeks since I last had my PC running (which has conseal). but afair when you get a Nuke/BO/Netbus type attacks you get a different message (more descriptive).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

icmp ping is what you send when you type "ping <ip>" in a dos box or somethign, it is not malicious, unless youre pingflooding or something (which is what i think mirv was trying to do, on his powerful 56k modem)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i prefer big macs to whoppers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

No i prefer "chicken royals" and a large coke..

think we've gone of topic here

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

hmmm, yes indeed.....veery suspect.

Well, I think I have a definite solution to whether or not M1RV was being (or trying to be) a L33T hackney person....

Right, If he could get through a firewall he'd be good enough to be a hockey dood. Therefore he doesn't burn... so he's not made of wood... so unlike wood he wouldn't float.. ducks float so he'd have to be heavier than a duck.....

So, if M1RV is Heavier than a duck he's guilty of being a hacki sack.

or is that MS salesmen.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

I actually asked mirv why he wasnt jumping in to his defense, and thats cause he didnt think any of you would bother to listen to him and possibly believe it. Skulker you said it yourself, you were playing hk at the time, not on irc, hence the need to ping you to see if you're still not ld. Mirv d0oes this, he does this to me and others, and he does use about 4 pings, i dunno why. Maybe hes bored sitting on irc and has nothing better to do than check if ppl are still around and just ignoring him. But either way thats a ping, and icmp is the type of packet you would get with a ping. So wheres the proof?
    and why was he just summarily banned from quake.ie. This is just a little bit lame.
    Greg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

mmmmmm, Burger King strawberry milkshake cool.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

...and then there was a big elephant

Malicious perhaps is too strong a word. I classed them as such because they showed up on my firewall and irc pings do not.

Mirv must have gone through dos too ping me or used some other ping util. If he wanted to ping me why go through all that trouble, why not just use mirc?, as I was in mirc at the time.
    Its a bit strange dont you think quozl that after I just played him and he leaves the game calling me a muppet and ignorant that he uses dos ping or other util to see if I am alive - please.
    Mirv probable made a very lame attempt to nuke me while I was playing against h1. Mirv has never pinged me before quozl, this is the first time he has ever pinged me. There is a reason for this.
    Bottom-line quozl, he had no reason to ping me, even if he did 1-4 pings are suffice.
    One does not use 15 dos pings to see if a person is alive(Ill stress again I JUST finished playing him). So wheres the proof? 15 packets there is the proof.

So really how much he pay you or has he just wraped you around his finger?
    This post is becoming irritating, I keep having to repeat and make it evident mirv tried to nuke me, even when I produce sufficient evidence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

The accused doesn't seem to be leaping in with his defence - very suspect.....

wink.gif

Advertisement