Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greatest Band Of All Time!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

What about a Busted forum on boards?? There seems to be alot of fans here.

Also maybe Kingp35 the originator of the thread could add a poll.
    Greastest Band of All Time? with the options "Busted" and "Other"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Mr. Wanker

For me it's Megadeth.

Slayer come a close second.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Originally posted by Okie
    Whoops. Sorry about that. Although if anyone does want to buy any Busted merchandise, then by all means, follow the links at www.busted.com

Its beginning to worry me how much you keep pushing this Okie. Either you're the Busted.com webmaster, or... you're stalking them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Cheez

Tool,Led Zep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

Originally posted by mr_angry
    Its beginning to worry me how much you keep pushing this Okie. Either you're the Busted.com webmaster, or... you're stalking them!

It's neither I swear, I don't like them at all, I don't have any of their albums, I don't have their posters on my walls...and ceiling...and headboard...

Dammit!! :)

Back on topic..."Greatest Band Of All Time" can't really be defined can it? Surely, it's a matter of opinion and all that! And does it mean "Best" or "Most Popular" or "Most Profitable"

My own favourites would be Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Metallica, Skunk Anansie, Blink, etc, etc but that's only my 2c! Too many to mention in one go, to be honest!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Pink Floyd
    U2
    Belle & Sebastian
    The Wedding Present (AKA Cinerama)
    The Stone Roses
    The Beach Boys (Pet Sounds in particular)
    Radiohead
    Big Country
    The Beatles
    The Manic Street Preachers
    The Pixies

thegills

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Its means the greatest band in your opinion!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I told you, Old Scratch

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Originally posted by Busted
    I fight my way to front of class
    To get the best view of her ass
    I drop a pencil on the floor
    She bends down and shows me more….

if there's a band out there with greater lyrical talent i'd like to hear them.

That's just a lame re-write of Van Halen's Hot For Teacher.

Shame on Busted. I will be returning my CD's with a very strongly worded letter.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I Think I should have this a "Are Busted The Greatest band In the World Forum". Vote in my Poll please!! Then we all find out how many busted lovers there are out there.

Hopefully none :D

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Ragamuffin

I like 'The White Stripes', A bit of Frank Zappa and a bit of Cat Stevens. (the last 2 artists were inspired to me by my brothers)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

You want better lyrics than Busteds ol' dirty diddies? Motley Crue :p "She goes down! She goes down! She goes down down down down..." (need I go on)

And in fairness "Ain't Life Grand" had some pretty slick tracks. It also had one or two rubbish generic "let's chuck 'em on the cd to fill space" tracks, I admit, but I wouldn't consider it that bad. Ach but it's just a matter o' taste I suppose...

Gotta throw Pearl jam in there. Bein gettin in to them alot and they are amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Definetly Busted.

If not, William Shatner.
    He's just the greatest singer out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Originally posted by Kingp35
    Gotta throw Pearl jam in there. Bein gettin in to them alot and they are amazing

class act allright

if u like soundgarden u might want 2 check out temple of the dog aswell
    chris cornell and eddie vedder are both in it

Eddie Vedder's not fit to hold the match which lights the farts coming out of Busted's asses

Eddie vedder is a total legend!! as for busted they are gone and will never be heard from again. a sign of real quality :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭limpdd

My top three:-

Metallica, Led Zeppelin, G 'n R

Nuff Said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Your taste and opinion changes as you get older.

So, as an oldie. For me it's just got too be The Beatles .

P. :ninja:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

The Smashing Pumpkins:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Rolling stones

U2

Weezer

Nirvana

Beach boys

Radiohead

RHCP

The list goes on, and on, and on..........................

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Originally posted by rabbitinlights
    Rolling stones

U2

Weezer

Nirvana

Beach boys

Radiohead

RHCP

The list goes on, and on, and on..........................

close to mine but i think the RHCP have gone downhill their old music was great but i think that zepher (whatever the **** it's called) song made me realised they turned crap

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Busted or the Clash.

Has no one said Ac/Dc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭40crush41

mmm, Dave Matthews Band =) what would u say?

~batch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Coldplay for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭littleninja

Big Generator would be my favourite band, they're a rock/metal band based in Portumna, Co. Galway...

As for more well known bands, I would have to say:

Queen
    Red Hot Chilli Peppers
    Mr. Big
    Bon Jovi
    Beatles

That's all I can think of offhand, although it does tend to change, I think those would be the kinds of bands I'd be listening to most often these days!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

beatles, smashing pumpkins, radiohead, bob dylan, dave matthews band. loads of others, but those are the main ones i believe.

(and i'm surprised no one has mentioned bob dylan yet. technically he's not a band, though. but yeah, brilliance.)

• Advertisement

yeah bob dylan is a bit of a legend all right. you can post up ur fav individual artists as well as bands if you want.my fav individual would be Frank Sinatra.I know he didnt write his own songs but he was way cool and had a real good voice.

Advertisement