Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Error 650 trying to connect to i-stream

• 23-01-2004 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

I'm getting an error 650 when trying to get into i-stream.

Everything was OK last night. I was connected overnight but couldn't access anything this morning. Disconnected & reconnected without success.

Restarted machine. No success.

Dialled 1550 number. No use!

DSL modem (D-Link DSL-100D, PCI modem) syncs up, and passes its own diagnostics.

Can someone help me please? Connecting via 56K modem again is driving me crazy. :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Bu11et_Proof

error 650

The Remote Access server is not responding.

The computer you have dialed does not respond to a network request this means that you have no winsocks or they are corrupt. Reinstall Communications, this fixes the problem 50% of the time, sometimes does not reinstall wsock32.dll (40kb). In that case, you will get error 645. If you still get 645 or 650 manually extract files or call Microsoft.

I had a look around hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

Thanks for the reply.

I'm able to connect using dialup, so does this not indicate that the winsock stuff is OK?

Sorry but I don't know much abour how computers work :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

Its OK folks. You can stop worrying about me. I'm back!

Called 1550 again and spoke to a helpful chap called Liam.

I created a new connection (all the vpi/vci stuff again) and it worked.

Thanks Liam, I owe you my sanity!

Advertisement