Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bf 1918

Options
  • 24-01-2004 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

Anyone see this or download it yet it looks really good!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

It's not out yet, but the talent is very good that's making it. Hope they can actually promote infantry trench war in the map.
    Only thing I don't like is the a7v (the very first german tank) bombing around at 20+ miles an hour ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

a7v (the very first german tank) bombing around at 20+ miles an hour

lol completely agree, with all these "old" weapons, i think it will be a great mod , almost alien weapons, but id love to see some proper sized Zepplins , though i doubt they could do that,
    heres some suggestions............Equip the Russian infantry v craply but enmassed numbers,
    Have the Germans with the pointy Helmets Until later in the war, they change to their standard gear.
    Have Gas attack weapons!
    Have the Ottoman Empire Troops!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

At the momeny there are actually [a minimum of] two major World Wor 1 mods in progress. There is the supurb Battlefield 1918 from which we are constantly getting updates and screenshots of models and the like. If you want to see the Battlefield 1918 web site take a gander over here. They recently updated their site to incude a German and English part :) . I may start giving a few updates to this mod as it is appearing to be quite popular.
    The second mod in question, BF 1914 are also well on their way, just recently releasing a new internal build. Their website can be found just off the PlanetBattlefield site over here.

Many people are giving out though about two mods concerning the same real war. It would be good to see these two excellent mod's come together and create one mother of a mod.

And why not a couple of pictures too? These are from Battlefield 1918.

thumb_2.jpgthumb_1.jpgthumb_3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

hmm tbh, I think the quality that the BF1918 is pushing out is slightly better, though yeah; it makes no sense that there are two ww1 mods that pretty much appeared around the same time competing in an already crowded market.

the first release of 1918 will feature only France and Germany Initially - should be good. It's actualyl been ages since I've played BF1942 or any mod :D Looking forward to this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

In their lastest update the Bf1918 team are showing off a recent addition to the mod's hand weapons. The Kraut Spade, one of my favourite weapons from DoD. :)

thumb_1.jpgthumb_2.jpgthumb_3.jpg

Pics taken from bf42.com.

• Advertisement
Advertisement