Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a tariff

• 24-01-2004 1:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭

Right, I'm currently on Vodafone's Alltime 180. It was one of their special deals that was going at the time (a few years ago) that allows me 20 mins peak, 80 mins off peak and 80 to another vodafone number.

The off peak & phone a friend for free minutes are proving invaluable but the 20 mins on peak is driving the ol' bill up a bit. As I'm now self employed and work more than full time I find that my mobile is my number one means of communicating with clients, suppliers, etc and 20 mins just isnt enough. I've had a look around at Voda's other tariff options but nothing really jumped out at me. I'd like to stick with Vodafone, if for nothing else than the call a friend for free thing as I switched the missus' phone to Vodafone some months ago and saved about 40 quid per month on my bills.

Can anyone suggest a way for me to get more out of my phone between the business hours?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

this one looks good

remember vat is excluded,

ps you can change tarif every month

what does your average bill cost???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

My bill used to be around the €70 mark but it's levelled off down around the €40-€50 mark now. I was just going to switch over to the €50 talk & text package but I decided otherwise.

That link is no workio btw, you must have been logged into "my vodafone" when you copied & pasted it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

If you are on the alltime option, tend to go well over your minutes and send alot of texts, I would suggest the Active option with a text add on. That comes in at 46 euro including VAT with 300 off peak mins, 30 peak and 300 CAFF mins. Its only useful if you are calling within the same network or to landlines however.

If you calling O2 and Meteor numbers, the Extra or Performer packages would be a better option. The Extra option offers 75 mins at anytime to any number and 75 CAFF for 30 a month. You can stick a text add on on top of that for another 8 euro. If 75 mins are not sufficient, then Performer is the next option up. For 60 a month you get 200 mins to any numbers at anytime and 200 CAFF on top of that too. The text add on is the same price.

So to conclude :p It really depends what numbers you call and when you call em. If you call Vodafone numbers during off peak time, Light and Active are perfect. If you call between networks alot or make alot of peak calls, Extra and Performer are perfect.

Advertisement