Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cool Da?

• 24-01-2004 4:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the right forum for this question so I apologise in advance.

Have you introduced your Da to "new" music recently and being surprised.

My oul man is 61 and I've recently introduced him (sucessfully) to the last couple of Peter Gabriel albums, David Kitt, David Sylvian (!), Faultline (!!) and Kraftwerk (!!!) in fact I'm bringing him to the Kraftwerk gig in the Olympia in March. That plus the fact we regularly go to Blues festivals across Europe together. Anyone else got a cool Da?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

my da has a very similar taste in music to me, it's great:)

i've introduced him to loads of hip-hop, and some of the more chilled out strains of electronica.
    he's introduced me to all kinds of music that i would've otherwise never have heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Kopf

my dad introduced me to st. germain, and lots of other neat jazz, and owns a copy of 'endtroducing....' by dj shadow which is more than i can say (i don't buy albums as a rule, just get mp3s)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

my dad is why i llisten to the music i do. he loves thin lizzy, pink floyd, rory gallagher, queen and dire straits. i have recently got him into AC/DC and Black Sabbath.

hes pretty cool :cool:

Advertisement