Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

utility_ banned.

Options
  • 24-01-2004 10:27am
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

utility_ banned for being the biggest knob ive seen since I accidentally ran some files on Amps computer :p

finally got tired of him, permo-banned.

DeV.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Atreides

What was the final thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

*dances with joy* nice move deV

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Here here, even I noticed he was making a bit of an arse of himself. What ever happened to fisty and his dry humour? Has anyone seen him about of late?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

FREE UTILITY!¬"!?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Originally posted by Moriarty
    FREE UTILITY!¬"!?

/me starts the "down with this sort of thing" campain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by DeVore
    utility_ banned for being the biggest knob ive seen since I accidentally ran some files on Amps computer :p

mmmmm knobs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Originally posted by Fabritzo
    Here here, even I noticed he was making a bit of an arse of himself. What ever happened to fisty and his dry humour? Has anyone seen him about of late?

He does be in IRC afaik he's still banned from here tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ColinM

Originally posted by DeVore

finally got tired of him, permo-banned.

DeV.
    Please can you unban him?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

ColinM for school counsellor!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ColinM

Gordon for Geography teacher who wears sports jackets with leather patches at the elbows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Can I be the tough but fair English teacher who sees the potential in every one of his students and doesn't give up on them, even if they give up on themselves?

That, or the creepy caretaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by NekkidBibleMan
    Can I be the tough but fair English teacher who sees the potential in every one of his students and doesn't give up on them, even if they give up on themselves?

Don't be silly, that's Amz...

(er, no offense..!)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

i say unban her

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭TheWolf

(yelling from far in the crowd)

Dont you hate pants?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Originally posted by Bard
    Don't be silly, that's Amz...
    Sounds more like mArK....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

i remember fisty. s/he was a tool. what did utility do that was the final straw?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Originally posted by amp
    mmmmm knobs

You sick puppy!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

:p

Ah well...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Walls

I was privately of the view that Utility's stringent views made the rest of us look normal, but I suppose it was too good to last.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Originally posted by Moriarty
    FREE UTILITY!¬"!?

here you go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Originally posted by bazH
    i say unban her
    _utility was a her??:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i'd still like to know what the final straw was. would be handy to know what gets a person permo_banned.

sounds like a hair dye. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Kananga
    here you go.
    Down with this sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Dude, is anyone gonna tell me what he got banned for??? Or was it for just being a knob in general? In that case, there's a hell of a lotta people in trouble out there!

Id suggest you search through his posts. More than likely one in the past few days triggered the response. Who knows, it might even be blatantly apparent. You wont know until you look.

This post was brought to you by the letters R, T, F and M.

Aw. I feel scolded now. And your use of sarcasm has cut me deep, Moriarity. Deep.

/me goes and cries

Having looked through 22 posts of utility_'s random confrontations (and he did have a lot of them), I now see why he was banned. For those of you who don't conform to Moriarty's slave-driven standards of painstaking, "needle-in-haystack" research ( ;) ), the post in question involved him telling somebody who had a deep personal issue with another person that it was basically all their own fault.

Quality banning there Beruthial! :)

Aside from that, he got into numerous arguments with people, and worse still, changed his avatar from "The Tick". I for one was appalled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

<homer voice> GET A HAIR CUT!! </homer voice>

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by superconor
    i remember fisty. s/he was a tool. what did utility do that was the final straw?

Fisty was a fine member of the boards.ie community! He should be unbanned POST HASTE, I say, POST HASTE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Originally posted by mr_angry
    the post in question involved him telling somebody who had a deep personal issue with another person that it was basically all their own fault.

Quality banning there Beruthial! :)

You have got to be kidding me.
    Maybe it was their fault, it is a public forum for advice, maybe getting up and doing something about it was good advice?
    But I havent read the thread, I dont really read PI anymores, too much boo-hooing and lack of any substantial or helpful advice to people, just 'oh you're so great blah'

Anyway back on topic.

Utility was obviously too cool for this school.

Advertisement