Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

utility_ banned.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Concerning the thread, I don't think he posted enough **** to get him permanently banned. Maybe for a week or two and then let him back, see if he's learnt his lesson. Forever is a bit harsh, no?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Originally posted by eth0_
    Ok, i've looked at all the links Dev posted....and I still can't see any reason to ban the guy.....there's many more dip****s far more annoying than Utility_ on here and I don't see them getting banned...
    And as for the thread re: utility_ on irc, Angelwhore shouldn't have done that in the first place.

Do you use the "Report this thread" link? cos I get one of those a week so there cant be too many of them out there.

There are 2000+ posts a day. If I took 30 seconds to read each of them I'd need more then 24 hours to read 24 hours worth. If you have a problem with a user, highlight it. Utility had come up on my radar a few times and I finally flipped at one of his ruder comments.

Baiting is bad but in the end you own your own words. Dont rise to bait, report it.

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Originally posted by Exit
    Concerning the thread, I don't think he posted enough **** to get him permanently banned. Maybe for a week or two and then let him back, see if he's learnt his lesson. Forever is a bit harsh, no?

He's been banned before, though fair enough if he came back and emailed me to say he understood what is wrong... Either way, I'm not losing m uch sleep over it.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Why is this stupid thread still here? Who the fuck really cares that utility_ is gone? We've got 100 more morons lined up in storage to replace him. And I'm fully in favour the people who own this site getting rid of people they don't like. (ecksor doesn't own this site does he :eek: )

In summary:
    Fuck utility. Fuck him in his stupid ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by DeVore
    Do you use the "Report this thread" link? cos I get one of those a week so there cant be too many of them out there.

Yes, I do actually. Although having said that, what's the point....this year so far I have reported a few threads to the for sale mods, BLATANT trolling/thread spoiling, and been ignored. Yet not so long ago, keeks et al were using an iron fist, banning anyone who made any sort of post on a for sale thread but showed no interest in buying.
    That board for one is probably the most schizophrenically modded on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

What? We're susposed to be consistent? We're does it say we have to be consistent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ColinM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

TBCFH

What does The C F stand for ???

completey fùcking ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Capture and Flag?

I don't care about this ban. I don't care about any bans. I read the rules when I signed up. I've read the term "friendly/lazy dictatorship" often enough.

• Advertisement

I think I used the term "benevolent dictatorship" but I get what you mean, I mean its not like its a fukin' nazi camp in here, we dont even mind being criticised, so long as you just do it civilly...

Ho hum...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Originally posted by amp
    Why is this stupid thread still here? Who the fuck really cares that utility_ is gone? We've got 100 more morons lined up in storage to replace him. And I'm fully in favour the people who own this site getting rid of people they don't like. (ecksor doesn't own this site does he :eek: )

In summary:
    Fuck utility. Fuck him in his stupid ass.

Well you did tell me you were hardkore.

I hate these types of bollox posts, if you dont care then dont post here. Yes there are a 100 morons lined up but he obviously wasn't one of them. Id rather someone rude with substance in their posts then some utter retard posting the same old crap again. Kind of reminds me of Wwm or Corinthian, they get people riled up but at least they're saying something substantial.
    Utility just happens to be franker/ruder because, well he's about 18.

Anyway, you're not going to change your minds, I dont want you to particurlay, I just didnt understand why he was banned. It is your website afterall.

If I had a website Id be banning anyone who posts something so stupid my brain leaks blood out of my ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

noob.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Thats not stupid, its midly amusing.
    Im talking about clinical retardation here, you know what I mean, when someone says something so stupid you want to hunt them down and punch them and then tell them why they're so stupid.
    A lot of people on PI I'd banned too
    'Does she like me?'
    I dont know/care, **** off
    *ban*

Anyhoo....

Free the boards.ie four

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Ahh yes, like those people who work in the fast food sector.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

i think i'll have to side with sangre here.

Utility_ didn't really DO anything as such apart from being Utility...the only one of them posts you cited as examples that wasn't provoked was the last one with the psycho (and yeah, he shouldn't have been so mean to the poor girl..though she did come across a bit psycho/asking for advice on how to do bad things)

i get that this is a "benevolent dictatorship" n all so it doesn't really matter what we think of him being banned . Just registering that i think it was unfair :)

if he was so bad and destined to cause trouble wouldn't he have eventually/soon done something to actaully earn a lifetime/long-term ban?
    randomly kicking his ass because he's "the biggest knob ive seen" or because you just don't like his attitude makes him a victim and draws support for the poor utility...
    though fair enough if he came back and emailed me to say he understood what is wrong...
    if, as you've said, there wasn't any particular incident and its just his general attitude (which, as a lot of people have pointed out, is usually from people starting arguments cos they think he's a dick) then whats he supposed to say in that e-mail? "i'm sorry you don't like my attitude in general on boards.ie and i'll change, please unban me?"
    seems to me theres no way he could apologise for nothing in particular without coming across as really insincere and/or pissing you off further

((all that said: i've always thought of him as a bit of an asshole since the milkshake thing, but he's seemed alright since then except when arguments get started by people who didn't like him because of the milkshake thing))

(edit: who are the other three sangre?)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Originally posted by DeVore
    He's been banned before, though fair enough if he came back and emailed me to say he understood what is wrong... Either way, I'm not losing m uch sleep over it.

DeV.

have 2 say ive been on the recieving en of a ban, and decided ater a slightly patronising response to my request to have the ban lifted after about 4 weeks (1 week ban) wasnt going to beg(as shown below). so i could understand utility's reason for not emailing u. as a matter of interest with a total ban is his ip banned r could he well be back in already with a diff username?

Thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=128347

Re: unban
    that all depends on wheather or not you are gonna follow the rules

quote:

Stekelly wrote on 13-12-2003 23:22:
    any chance of getting unbanned , its been well over a week and i have sum buying and selling to do

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Let me just say:
    *There are quite a few a$$holes on boards, and Utility_ was one the the biggest ones. I saw, time and time again, reasons why he should be banned.

Unless I see otherwise, good call Dev.

S.

*opinion - open to change...

Originally posted by Stekelly
    have 2 say ive been on the recieving en of a ban, and decided ater a slightly patronising response to my request to have the ban lifted after about 4 weeks (1 week ban) wasnt going to beg(as shown below).
    Simple, read the charters, and don't do anything to get yourself banned. If everybody else can do it, why can't you?

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Originally posted by Sinecure
    Simple, read the charters, and don't do anything to get yourself banned. If everybody else can do it, why can't you?

S.

actually if u read the post i was pointing out that the price the guy was selling the tv for was dearer than the cost of a new store in dublin (supposedly the most expensive place to buy stuff) so 1 of 2 thngs was going on, either the seller was trying to rip people on the boards off, in which case i dont see why anyone should complain cos we're all supposee to be friends here or he was unwittingly posting an over the odds price that anyone who checks prices b4 they part with €700 shud do, then i was assisting him in selling the tv, i dont feel i was out of order. so maybr utility assumed he was helping in MOST of his posts. Different people can pick things up differently

• Advertisement

Stekelly,

From the charter:
    No Thread spoiling...
    If you are not interested in an item do not comment on it...

My point proven...
    As most of u already know, the Mods of these boards have taken a Zero Tolerance approch lately in order to combat the increased level of muppetry. This is working better than atciipated. And it will continue until this board goes back to the way it was....self policing.

Now we have been getting some complaints from ppl that got banned that we are too harsh and that they got little or no warning. Or evena reason for being banned. We did try the softly soft approch where we were polite and curtious to ppl, but this got thrown back in our faces. So its now tought love.

Read again. Then come back at me. Just don't do anything to get banned... Live by the sword, die by the sword.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Carbiens

you have to admit after reading all the links that the guy (although an obvious ****tard) was really entertaining!

wooohhoooo free Utility

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Stekelly

Stekelly wrote on 13-12-2003 23:22:
    any chance of getting unbanned , its been well over a week and i have sum buying and selling to do
    An apology (I'm sorry I didn't realise....) or even a more concilatory tone (Hi, I got a one week ban about a month ago. Would you be able to unban me ....) might have got you a lot further.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Originally posted by Carbine
    you have to admit after reading all the links that the guy (although an obvious ****tard) was really entertaining!

wooohhoooo free Utility

Just like Amazons suggested reading... if you liked that muppet, have a look at this guy Ronaldo7... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Now now trojan, i think your jealous coz he proved your actually a muppet

*tries not to laugh at own ridiculous statement*

lol yeah, he "proved" it.

I think there's plenty of boards users who've met me in person who can reveal the secret that I am a muppet ;)

I have not been entertained this much in one single day by boards in years :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by Trojan
    I think there's plenty of boards users who've met me in person who can reveal the secret that I am a muppet ;)

I have met Tro on numerous occasions and am here to proclaim to the world, that yes, he is indeed a total muppet of muppetrous proportions

Originally posted by Beruthiel
    I have met Tro on numerous occasions and am here to proclaim to the world, that yes, he is indeed a total muppet of muppetrous proportions

And I'm a good shag too ;)

ok unless this thread goes somethere that ISNT trojans pants, or goes back on topic, its got a life expectancy of 24 hours.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by Trojan
    And I'm a good shag too ;)

well, one would have to ask Azezil about that one

self praise
    no praise

Advertisement