Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chemistry and engineering

• 24-01-2004 10:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭

I'm doing first year engineering and chemistry is a requirement, I'm pretty certain I'm going to fail chemistry. I'm bright enough to know it's really easy, but i just can figure out a way to study it and learn and understand it. I think its because eveything is letters instead of words or numbers, anybody else have this problem.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

hmm chemistry comes easily enough to me well easier then physics anyway, i don't have a dead set way of studying it, a good while before exams i usually read over the notes and do any excerises that the lectures have give out problem sheets tutorials etc. then i lash into the exam papers and stuff to lay the smackdown on em. not sure if you did chemistry for the leaving cert but if you didn't get your hands on a rapid revision chemistry get yourselves the basics.

if your in dublin i've no real bother giving up an hour or so a week if ya want grinds or something

good luck

data

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Atreides

I'm in dublin, and basically I haven't ever done chemistry before, how usefull would grinds be? and How much would they cost me.

well coz i'm such a nice guy i'd give em for free i don't know how useful they would be and i've never given grinds before but i'm alrite with chemistry so give it a lash for a few weeks and then get rid of ya if it gets too hectic with my finals and stuff, sunday night/day is probably my best day to do it though not sure if this suits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Atreides

Fair enough where and what time, keep in mind I know nothing about chemistry

pm sent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭PlasseyMinstrel

Originally posted by Skanger
    eveything is letters instead of words or numbers.
    Unfortunately that's the story for nearly every engineering-related subject. Everything an engineer does comes back to maths eventually.

Advertisement