Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphics card Fan buzzing

• 24-01-2004 11:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭

Basically my Graphics card fan has started buzzing, and making strange sounds. Is there any way to fix it? I doubt it myself.

If i was to disable it, would it make a difference? OR is there a way for me to replace it myself? Is it worth the time asnd money replacing that fan?

BTW: its a Geforce3 Ti200, and i can't really afford to buy a new card just yet.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Originally posted by Mutant_Fruit
    Basically my Graphics card fan has started buzzing, and making strange sounds. Is there any way to fix it? I doubt it myself.

If i was to disable it, would it make a difference? OR is there a way for me to replace it myself? Is it worth the time asnd money replacing that fan?

BTW: its a Geforce3 Ti200, and i can't really afford to buy a new card just yet.
    I have a Leadtek GF3 Ti200 and it started making noise as well ... I took the heatsink assembly / fan off and cleaned it out, put a drop of oil in the hole under the sticker (on a bearing) and its been as quiet as its ever been (i.e. not particularly quiet, but not too bad either) ....I dont know if the Zalman graphics card cooler will fit on it, but its worth looking into if you want quietness ...

Advertisement