Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool - Newcastle Predictions and post match comments here!

• 24-01-2004 12:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Okay the big game this round is between two teams who are only consistent in thier lack of same. It should be a goal fest and I'll be sat down with a pizza and a can of cider.

I'm going for a home win by 1 goal.

Mike.

Predict the result. 14 votes

Liverpool win
    0% 0 votes
    Newcastle win
    42% 6 votes
    Draw
    57% 8 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

I think its going to be a very close game,probally end a 1-1 draw

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

3-1 to Newcastle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

2-1 newcastle

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

4-3 of course to liverpool:D

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

Ill say 3-2 to newcastle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Gotta be 4-3!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

2-2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

they'll somehow both contrive to lose in given current form

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Liverpool 1-3 Newcastle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

3-2 to Liverpool or more realistically 1-0 to same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

4-1 Newcastle.(as martin tyler once said never underestimate the power of the F.A. CUP )This games gona be real good.:)

the new zidane indeed.

*this smugness is with twenty minutes remaining and is null and void if I decide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bruno! Bruno! Bruno!

What the feck is going on!? :)

Enjoyable game in the second half, great to see a proper back 4 too! :)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Was listening to it on the internet, sounded like we played well.
    That's three games and four goals for Cheyrou now (Chelsea, Wolves, Newcastle).
    Hmmm, maybe Houlier was right about him.

the back four was the first thing i noticed about the team. First time this season all first choice outfield players have started together? at anfield anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

The main thing today was the Defence of the pool, all we need is a steady back 4 and Gerrard playing well in midfield. 2 Well taken goals from Cheyrou

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Originally posted by Bacchus
    Was listening to it on the internet, sounded like we played well.
    That's three games and four goals for Cheyrou now (Chelsea, Wolves, Newcastle).
    Hmmm, maybe Houlier was right about him.

He'll probably be dropped for the next game.

Good result and performance from the pool, if only they could get a bit of consistancy !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Originally posted by bazH
    The main thing today was the Defence of the pool, all we need is a steady back 4 and Gerrard playing well in midfield...
    ...and to take Heskey off. Permanently.

Different team without him; less hopeful punts up the pitch in his general direction and more wide runs/crosses. Seeing Kewell tackling back around his own box is all well and good but he should be used going forward a whole lot more. Play to our teams' strenghts, not every other teams' weakness (most teams are weak against an 11-man defence).

If Houllier insists on playing Owen as a lone striker, he should use the 2nd half formation and just drop Heskey altogether.
                    ^ -- Owen --
       ^      -- Cheyrou --            ^
    Kewell -- Hamann -- Gerrard -- Le Tallec

That, along with the back four that played today should serve the team well, at least until a new striker is bought.

And I have to say, Carragher was outstanding today. He would have been my Man of the Match.

haha,nobody got the prediction right :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

mike did and he knew who liverpool were playing;)

• Advertisement

I meant the exact score.

Piss Off it was way too early for me to think straight

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

maybe you shouldn't post so early in the evening then. did you see the Aresnal game by any chance? i think they beat wimbledon

Sir Bobby Robson speaks...
    Stephane Henchoz looked much better at centre back than full back, and young Le Tallec did well for them.

I wonder of Houllier was asked about the central defence partnership tonight after the match?. Henchoz was my Man of the Match he and Hamman cleaned
    up alot of Newcastle play which gave the likes of Finnan room to move. Even Carragher had a shot on goal :eek:

Mike.

Originally posted by mike65
    Hamman cleaned up alot

He had to have alot of blood cleaned off him after that kick to the face:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

le tallac is not a winger At all, whats wrong woth playing murphy out there??

finnan provided loads a width, i just wish riise was in the back 4 today. good performance, but i dont like to see just 1 man upfrount when your playing at home!!

is it just me or does owen just not give a sh1t anymore??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭lili

ah!
    i'm glad for cheyrou:)
    i knew it was a good choice of houllier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

why are people always giving their votes after the games over. (its just sad) liverpool have gained 3 votes since the game ended.

why are people always giving their votes after the games over. (its just sad) liverpool have gained 3 votes since the game ended.

I set the time limit for 1 day but of course that was from
    11. 43 am yesterday so plenty of time after the match to abuse the poll.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

great game second half. the team looked good thats for sure guarentee it will be changed for the derby. i think its a must win. fams wont be happy beating newcastle and loosing to everton.

hopefully he'll leave heskey out as first half was embarrassing just hit and hope balls up the pitch.even if he got his head to it it usually ended up back in our defence!!! :)

bruno is proving us wrong.60th minute i was saying to my bro it wud be an idea to take off bruno and throw riise there and bang 61st - GOAL! hopefully he can keep it up?

do ye reckon dudek should have saved roberts goal? fast i know but shouldnt most goalies be saving that kinda shot.

bring on the blues and hopefully another good result!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

I was only half watching the second half and the first time I saw Cheyrou in that half was when he scored, he was anonymous before that.

I can't believe no-one has mentioned DUDeks blunder- what was he playing at?

As for Le-Tallec he looked out of his depth, get the ball and pass it back the way.

I also see Carragher has still not learned how to use his left foot, twice in the first half under very littel pressure he tried to play the ball down the line and put it out of play- FFS hes a premiership player.

Liverpools problem are not over because of this result - it just highlighted their main fault - inconsistency - it will lull them into a false sense of security and they will prob lose the next game.

Advertisement