Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6100 MMS Settings

• 24-01-2004 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

Okay, did a quick search for this and got nothing coming up, but my sisters boyfriend is having a problem with his new phone. It's supposed to be able to receive MMS messages, but whenever someone tries to send one, he gets a funny looking symbol, looks like a paperclip, and that's all that happens, he can't view the messages. Vodafone have told him that even though its supposed to be able to view messages, he can't. Is this true, and if not, what does he have to do to view messages.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭BigMoose

I have a 6100 on the VF network. VF dont support this phone but I have managed to get it setup so that I can receive and send MMS. Assuming you didn't get the phone from VF, have you tried to alter the MMS settings? You will also have to have an MMS enabled profile on the VF MMSC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

I've a 6100 and am on meteor. They have the capability to send GPRS and MMS settings from the web to your phone to set up these services, I tried it and neither worked, anyone got this stuff working on meteor with this phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi - apart from the phone settings, you may need to make sure you are set up (provisioned) on the network for these GPRS services

if you haven't already, maybe check with Meteor customer care to see if everything is set up for you?

BrianG

Advertisement