Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CD-Rs

• 24-01-2004 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

Peats have Spindles of 25 VERBATIM Cd-rs for 9.99 . Not bad at all!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

Sweeet :) They were €16.99 last time they did that AFAIR

It is what it's.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Yeah they are here. They're 48x & you can get 100 packs of them too @ €39.95.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

The cheapest 100 pack I've seen was €33.95, here in Cork. I've seen 150 for €52.99.

That's 34 or 35 cent each. About a year ago, I think I remember reading that it cost 22 cent to make a CD-R. Is this true? I'd like to know just how low CDR prices can go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

play.com do 100 packs for £18 (€25 ish) incl. delivery, and they're good ones, Memorex. Highly recommended. Also, check out www.blankdiscshop.co.uk but beware that the postage is pretty heavy on orders less than £100

Originally posted by plazz2000
    I'd like to know just how low CDR prices can go.

The cheapest is probably at SVP here.
    They have the same Verbatim 48x 25 pack CD-R's for £5.99.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

lidl are selling cdr 10 Pack with cases for 6.99 which i think is one of the lowest I've seen in shops anyway. There Maxell so there good quality.

I don't mind paying a bit more for branded cdr's since they last longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Originally posted by Civilian_Target
    play.com do 100 packs for £18 (€25 ish) incl. delivery, and they're good ones, Memorex. Highly recommended.

I thought they would not post items outside uk that fall under the heading gadgets which the cds do. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Maplins are currently flogging 100 white faced generic cd-rs (700Mb) for €25 (they're actually lots of 50, but it's a 'buy one, get one free' deal.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by Gideon
    I thought they would not post items outside uk that fall under the heading gadgets which the cds do. :(

Correct.
    I just tried to buy some Memorex DVD-Rs (£17.99 for 25) and got this message:
    Please note that Play.com is unable to accept orders for Gadgets
    with delivery addresses outside the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

I got 25 CD-R's from a PC stand in Douglas Court, Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

for how much, feen ?
    it was probably that advantage ireland ripoff guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

Sorry (D'OH) - €10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

Just saw an ad for a company called Digital media direct, they have 100CDs for 30euro unbranded, and unbranded dvdr for 80 cent a disk and bulkpak for 1 euro a disk.

Rang them today, nice guys, told me to wait to order till wednsday cause they were getting in better discs for the same price roughly. They also got ritek's for 1.25 a disc, which is cheaper per disk than buying the 25 from peats for the **** qp disks or the datawrites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭dazberry

Originally posted by alastair
    Maplins are currently flogging 100 white faced generic cd-rs (700Mb) for €25 (they're actually lots of 50, but it's a 'buy one, get one free' deal.

Thanks for that alastair - must pop in. Went thru' 2 boxes of the white ones and found them great (disclaimer: I can only burn at max of 8x and not arsed buying a new burner so maybe not for everyone).

D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Where are Maplins located?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Around the corner from Peats, next to Smyths Toys. Can't miss it if you walk from Peats to the Jervis Centre.

Originally posted by sceptre
    Around the corner from Peats, next to Smyths Toys. Can't miss it if you walk from Peats to the Jervis Centre.

There's also a Maplins in Blanchardstown shopping centre if you prefer. (It's over in one of the retail parks) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭wiped

www.pricestorm.com are good too ........ I got a 25 cake from them for £5.49 (about 8 yoyo's) ... and that included P&P to Ireland.

Also , if your out in Swords , the new retail park near the airport , there's a Furniture / Electrical superstore called Harvey Norman's .. I got a 10 pack of Memorex CDR's with jewel cases for €4.99 ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

the prices in ITdirect are very good. got a 52X memorex spindle of 50 for €19, and some snazzy coloured verbatim CDRWs in a 5 pack for a fiver.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Argos have 100 Imation 48X 700MB for around €39. I use them and haven't had one failure yet. Good stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭M@lice

I got 10 Packard Bell 1-12x cd-rw's in pc world in blanchardstown today. Seemed a pretty gud deal. Came with the bigger cd cases. Went into Currys after and they had the same cd's with a whooping price tag of 44.99 on em. I wouldn't put it past em to charge this much but i think that musta been a mistake seein as they're practically the same shop an all. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

Just picked up 100 Verbatim 48x from IT-direct during the week for 32 euro or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

Does anyone know where to get jewel cases and gloss inserts to go with those cds.
    Also I'm looking for dvd gloss inserts and inexpensive dvd library cases. Can anywhere do all this with free delivery?

Gloss paper is a ripoff if you buy them in the irish shops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭chabsey

The 2 euro shops do 6 double DVD cases for 2 euros. Located off Henry street and a few other places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

I'm heading into the city now, any bargains in cdrs ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

Originally posted by ronano
    I'm heading into the city now, any bargains in cdrs ?
    ITDirect on Parliament Street

It is what it's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

I went up and it was closed however i went up to maplin and they had 100 spindle cdr's by verbatim for 39.99

It has super azo whatever that means

im a happy camper

Advertisement