Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlook error... dont know why

• 24-01-2004 9:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭

i get this error when trying to send some e-mail
    The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was '***************** 'mail.davidstokes.com', Server: 'mail.davidstokes.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 553, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

the ****************** was replaced by myself for security reasons

But i have no idea why it wont send some e-mails.. where is the list of allowed domains?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭joto

If you're sure it's a valid e-mail address, then try sending it again later. It happened to me sometimes with same error. Temp prob with server maybe?

Who the hell is david stokes anyway? Is he an e-mail provider?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

no ,,, He's Me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,653 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You're hosting server might be down. Happens to me now and then - cheap hosting uptime is not perfect ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

It's working,,

I dont have cheap hosting :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

multiple recipients in To: field ?

put them in CC: instead

M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,653 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Is your default account in Outlook set to a different provider than your ISP provider - e.g. using cable from NTL and eircom.net mail account is set as default account?

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

Have you recently transfered this domain from another provider? Sometimes when a domain gets transfered from lets say the likes of Eircom (*~@!#) they tell you that they remove it from their systems but they dont and you have to ring up and ensure they remove all ghost files otherwise when you try to send an e-mail it gets confused at server level because of multiple DNS entries ie. your current provider and your old provider, and says the username was not recognised or refused. If this is your problem just contact your old provider to verify and resetup your usernames as they were ie. same user and password, and you should be sorted. It takes between 12 and 48 hours for nameservers to be updated!
    Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭ronanp

It's almost certain that the mail server address you're using is not belonging to the ISP you're connected to. Especially if you're using an eircom mail server! Find out the address of your ISPs outgoing (smtp) mail server and use that (tools->accounts->properties->servers). You wont need to change your e-mail address or incoming mail server.

Ronanp> your mail server does not have to belong to your ISP. You only need to have your incoming routed through your isp's server and even that is dependant on who is hosting your e-mail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭ronanp

Pablo,

not normally, but I used ta do tech supp for Eircom, and they found that their mail servers were blacklisted for being open-relay, as a lot of spam was being sent through them. They 'tried' to implement a system where people with non-eircom/indigo IP addresses would not be able to send mail through their servers. The result seems to be that intermittently users with non-eircom IPs get that very error, myself included.

• Advertisement

Going on what Ronanp says you should then set yourself up a temporary connection using iol or something like that and change your incoming mail server to mail.iol.ie and test sending through mail.davidstokes.com then. BTW, I presume you have verified that you are using the correct mail server ie. my hosting company used to always use the domain name (i.e. www.yourdomain.com) as the mail server but then due to a system upgrade or whatever the changed to using a generic mailserver name. What hosting company are you using? I know Novara changed to a generic name of host.aravon.ie. Might be no harm to check back with them. Also rule out the eircom issue first as per Ronanp's post.

Advertisement