Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best motherboard/BIOS Ulility

• 25-01-2004 12:17am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    I'm looking to find out as much as I can about my motherboard/BIOS. Well, even just the model (can't remember it) :(
    It's by Asus, but I can't get to the download section of their site, so I was just wondering if any of you know of a good generic alternative?

Thanks,
    S.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

AIDA is a good general all-round tool it should tell you a bit about your MB aswell as everything else in your computer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,582 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

SISANDRA is good too i think there site is

www.sisoft.co.uk

if not just google sisandra.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Thanks folks.
    If it helps, the reason I ask is bacause I can't get my secondary IDE channel to run on DMA mode. It just keeps going back to PIO, reading from the DVD drive is really starting to piss me off. So I'm looking to find out more about it, and taking into consideration that flashing the BIOS is an option, I guess it doens't hurt to know exactly what version I have ;)

I'll try those now.

Thanks,
    S.

Advertisement