Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Chat

Options
  • 25-01-2004 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭

Hi, i can't get into boards chat. It says Java Applet Failed. What do i do?:confused:
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

If you have used IRC before, point your irc client at the server irc.quakenet.org (or if in ireland try the local hub at irc.playerofgames.com ).

Then simply join the #boards.ie channel and chat away.

(If not you can download mIRC at www.mirc.co.uk its one of the more popular clients)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Sounds like your Java machine on your comp is dodgy. You could try reinstalling it but dont blame me if it screws up! :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Yes use mIRC, it's the "proper" way to use #boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Pablo

a college/work firewall might hamper you, as they tend to block all ports buy http ones.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Originally posted by Giblet
    Yes use mIRC, it's the "proper" way to use #boards.ie

Bah, irc is merely multiplayer notepad

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

www.irssi.org

www.ircle.com
    Runs on any Mac with Mac OS 7.0 through 9.2.x or Mac OS X 10.1 or newer.

Though if you're using MacOSX, BitchX or Irssi (or even xchat?) will work just aswell.
    And will make you feel more HardKoer™.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Command line IRC - makes meh feel beardeh.

Advertisement