Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polls

Options
  • 25-01-2004 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭

Wurgle.

Its only a small thing, but ive wondered for quite a while. Why cant we change our votes in polls? We can see the results before we vote, so it cant be that. Is it just a coding problem, or is there a purpose behind it?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

its not something that VB2.9 offers.... we havent coded around it as noones brought it up before and its not really a big enough problem to justify it. *shrug*

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,420 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The biggest problem isn't needing to change your vote, but requiring mod approval before polls go up. Way too many polls only give about have the needed options. sample below.
    Do you like ice cream
    Yes
    Maybe
    Atari Jaguar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Slick50

I know this is dragging up an old thread, but, I think still a relevant question. Perhaps attitudes may have changed in the mean time.

Why can't we move our votes in a poll? even a limited number of times. I have voted in the BOARDS.IE GE poll, and noticed it is OK there, so why not give the option in all polls?

This could also redress the problem with allowing posters to edit polls they have set up, by allowing voters to move their votes!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Slick50 wrote: »
    I know this is dragging up an old thread, but, I think still a relevant question. Perhaps attitudes may have changed in the mean time.

Why can't we move our votes in a poll? even a limited number of times. I have voted in the BOARDS.IE GE poll, and noticed it is OK there, so why not give the option in all polls?

This could also redress the problem with allowing posters to edit polls they have set up, by allowing voters to move their votes!

Old? The thread is seven years old.

Anyway, the Boards.ie GE poll is a custom piece of software written specifically for the General Election. It is completely separate from the poll function of the vBulletin software. The features of the vBulletin software do not permit the changing of votes, it is not a rule enforced by the owners/programmers of Boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Slick50

Well if I hadn't found the origional thread, I would have been asking the same question, just in a new thread. I am not the only one who would like this feature. Perhaps an update of the software could make it possible?

Thanks for the reply, didn't realise it was a software limitation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

To be honest, I couldn't see a feature such as this being high on the list of priorities for Ross and Conor.

Then again, why don't you ask them yourself?

Advertisement