Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lan a sucess

Options
  • 25-01-2004 3:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

I offically call this lan a sucess. All shall now bow before my greatness and ph33r me in the usuall manor, expecially quetzel / pretzel.

:)

Good show John, another lan well done.
    /me claps handies in a clapping fashion.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I hope you didn't burn out any more surge protectors ;-)

Perhaps I shall return for GL9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Number6

Originally posted by leeroybrown

Alas, i was offically not at the lan. I just poped in to say hi and get drunk.

Cant wait till the next lan tho

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

YEA COS YOU WILL ALL FEAR MY MEGA SETUP MILLION GIGABOTZ MAIN RAM SEXDRIVE! (tm) Number6

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

lan was a gr8 success. especially enjoyed the QW tourny and watching Vinnit frag the whole team on his own.

twas a pity CS tourny didnt get past first match after the organiser's team lost :P

but overall twas good especially on sunday with the riot shield battles on de_inferno.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Originally posted by Caliden
    but overall twas good especially on sunday with the riot shield battles on de_inferno.

That map was so much fun, poor Eye had no sound so he actually did very well managing to stay alive as long as he did on some games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Highly enjoyable lan. Well done to the organisers. The venue was excellent as well, someone should make a map out of it!
    twas a pity CS tourny didnt get past first match after the organiser's team lost :P

Hahha! so that was the reason ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

great lan, lots of fun
    some great games of DC and cs, wan the russians for hacking out steam :)

and i finally got my prive from gl6
    woooot
    so now i can walk up to random person

BAM
    herpes

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Originally posted by leeroybrown

Perhaps I shall return for GL9.
    There was a lickle outage, which took me and my two girls out. I now realise why Felix brought his UPS.

Twas a good LAN for the short time I was there. Huzzah for the shopkeep!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

twas a good lan...next time, I shall be more prepared with games patched etc, didn't get to meet half the people which made me go :<. Was extremely disapointed on Sunday tho, when I arrived in to find that my pc was turned off, none of my 8 gigs qued ftp's where in my c drive, and several gigs of files I had downloaded the previous night were gone, still really disapointed at this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by quetzal
    twas a good lan...next time, I shall be more prepared with games patched etc, didn't get to meet half the people which made me go :<. Was extremely disapointed on Sunday tho, when I arrived in to find that my pc was turned off, none of my 8 gigs qued ftp's where in my c drive, and several gigs of files I had downloaded the previous night were gone, still really disapointed at this :(

Yeahg, that happened to a few people including myself and Asok.
    I had Giblet's IP at the top of my queue and forgot to take it out in tje rush t pack his machine into the car at 11pm.
    Strange how LeechFTp didn't just skip on by it after 3 or so retries.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

FileZilla rocks tbh. Skips files that aren't currently available and moves them down the que. Then retries them when it gets to them again.

Although it can't stop computers freezing, which is what happened to me and my 30 gig que :(

*sigh* reality sucks now and i couldnt stop writing down CS weapon and item names during lectures, totally by accident.
    my sub-conscious mind still wants to play but alas it has to wait for gl9 in march or whenever

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

wp i hope to be at the next one

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Yeah all you bastards leeching from me, I remember a time, when I was the leecher, and LAN people were there leechies!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by Giblet
    Yeah all you bastards leeching from me, I remember a time, when I was the leecher, and LAN people were there leechies!
    Dude, my stats for the weekend are roughtly download: 40Gigs, upload 140Gigs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Yere wanglers are still tiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Giblet, I was the only one leeching from you.....though I did leach 20 gigs of you :). I do use filezilla, just annoyed cus I had all the qwd finals leeched from Cyan and now they are all gone, I simply have no idea where they went :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I only managed to leech about 60GB in total (due to lack of harddisc space) its still alot more then Strat or PPC have got
    :D

i only got about 30 buts its all quality stuff :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

PPC's 900 gigs of HDD's didn't make an appearance

/me <-- sad Panda.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Giblet
    PPC's 900 gigs of HDD's didn't make an appearance

/me <-- sad Panda.

I think he thought the same thing as me and he did'ent bother bringing his server box

Will all be sorted at waterfordLAN I'm sure ;)

Advertisement