Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know wen broadband will be coming to kells in county meath

• 25-01-2004 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

I played a lot of games online in my time wit a 56k modem its ok but the bills where to high so i had to stop playing and i just built a 3.0ghz,9800 pro BEAST and i still have a 56k modem i would like to get broadband and if i had it i would probably host a 24/7 sever and have an irish squad in battlefield 1942 so PLZ PLZ help me

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

- moved -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

If you don't get an answer from the board try ringing Eircom BB sales on 1800 512 128 and asking them. They have a list of exchanges which are planned to be upgraded between now and March. In March they get another list which would take them to June etc.

M.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

You can't run a server off a 512 connection. Especially not in battlefield.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭paulski999

Hey freekhead

Am in Kells myself and waiting & waiting for Eircon to start, they say its not on their list up to March, but please call back, and no they don't know when it might be enabled. As for alternatives have a look at http://wireless.digiweb.ie/ as they are rolling out 3.5ghz service soon, been told 6 wks, so you could register your interest with them, again not sure how latency will effect your gaming, so best to talk to them directly. Any update from digiweb pls let me know.

Paulski

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭freekhead

i was gona get wireless but its a bit expensive.........its not bad for gaming ping can be a bit funny sometimes but it sure beats 56k any day....if there where a few ppl in kells willing to share a meg connection it would be possible using wifi and a few aerials

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭paulski999

Hey fellow Kellers,

Have been told by John Bruton (TD) that Dec 2004 is the best we can hope for....

Paulski

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭freekhead

jesus december.....might get the wireless till then.rang eircom they said april but i didnt believe him.esb are now helping out to spread the connection from town to town but i bet navan athboy trim carlanstown heck even carnaross get it before kells :)

Advertisement