Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem with eircom 25hr pack

Options
  • 25-01-2004 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭

I signed up to this pack for my uncle on this computer over the net yesterday. Wasn't my 1st choice but then again it wasn't my choice. My uncle just didn't want the hassle of switchin to sum1 else etc.

So i signed up for this anyway. Now i can't connect using the dial up sent due to invalid user name or password. I figured it would take them a while to update their database etc so i waited a day but still nothing. I've typed and retyped my user name and pass but to no avail! Mind you still hav got no confirmation email off of em about my signin up to em!

So i think there's a chance i typed in the wrong password twice sumhow so i looked into how to retrieve a lost pass but i hav to ring a premium rate no! I'm very reluctant to do this you understand.

So i trudged throught the support page further and found a topic on invalid username and pass on nt systems (this is win 2000 so i thought maybe...). I clicked the link and this is wat i got which i thought was hilarious!

I red somthing else to do with the fact that it won't work if its on a diff no than the 1 you normally dial up with. Now i used the 2nd no on the isdn box. Was this wrong? Whould i hav used the standard house phone no? I've looked 4 a way to alter this but i can't find a way to change any of my settins on the website without ringin up the dreaded premium rate no.!!

So does any1 know of anything i can do? Any1 had this problem? somthing to do with win 2000 or isdn perhaps? Any idea how to fix it?

All help much appreciated! Cheers! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Moved to Nets/Comms.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

Originally posted by M@lice

I red somthing else to do with the fact that it won't work if its on a diff no than the 1 you normally dial up with. Now i used the 2nd no on the isdn box. Was this wrong? Whould i hav used the standard house phone no? I

You have to use the diallup number they sent you from the line you were using when you signed up originally, the number cannot be transferred from one line to another ie: if you signed up on the house line it will only work on that line, as the isdn line will have a dirrerent identity and vice versa

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

you are authenticated both by username and caller line id.
    In the case of isdn, sales can add the clid of the second line to your profile, so you can dial up using either number, or for that matter, bond both lines for a 128k dialup..

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

Originally posted by jd
    you are authenticated both by username and caller line id.
    In the case of isdn, sales can add the clid of the second line to your profile, so you can dial up using either number, or for that matter, bond both lines for a 128k dialup..

Sorry didnt know that, the account would have to be approved and up and running to do this I assume? whick takes a few days with Eircom. So until a confirmation email from Eircom he would have to use the line that it was set up on??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by mickeyboymel
    Sorry didnt know that, the account would have to be approved and up and running to do this I assume? whick takes a few days with Eircom. So until a confirmation email from Eircom he would have to use the line that it was set up on??

yip-
    the number that was entered when the account was set up should be used until the eircom billing system accepts the order..

• Advertisement
Advertisement