Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD or VHS?

Options
  • 25-01-2004 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭

DVD OR VHS? Vote NOW!!

DVD or VHS? 33 votes

DVD
    0% 0 votes
    VHS
    100% 33 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

DVD all the way - why would anyone choose VHS, they fade,not as good visual quality,you dont get all the extras you get with DVDs

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I choose Betamax! Nah, only kidding! :) It's DVD all the way. VHS is crap in comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

<<dvd - dvd - dvd - dvd >>

my mother destroys every vhs video recorder that comes into the house within about 2 year heres how...

1)every weekday at 4:30 pm or whenever she tapes countdown on channel4.
    2)that night when dad gets in from work they play it back, and as soon as the timer starts ticking she pauses the tape
    3)they then sit there trying to get as many words/sums as they can

this gives them the normal 30 second timer plus the vidoes 5 min "dont damage me" unpausing timer

also becuase she needs a good pause image we have to buy fancy 4 head vcrs

a good dvd re-writer will fix that problem

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

What a poinless poll.... dvd of course

John

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by mukki

1)every weekday at 4:30 pm or whenever she tapes countdown on channel4.
    2)that night when dad gets in from work they play it back, and as soon as the timer starts ticking she pauses the tape
    3)they then sit there trying to get as many words/sums as they can

this gives them the normal 30 second timer plus the vidoes 5 min "dont damage me" unpausing timer

cheating scum. :D

DVD obviously, why anyone would buy VHS anymore, other than to record (and even this is on it's last legs now as the price of dvd recorders is dropping), is beyond me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Ragamuffin

I feel sorry for the VHS. The DVD is way better

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Well this one's a no brainer. The fact that you can record crap television doesn't phase me.

(OK, maybe I'm being a little harsh; I recorded more than I bought VHS back in the day. But still, DVD kicks the ass out of VHS).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

You may as well ask 'black & white TV or colour?'. DVD of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

Compare like with like.
    It should be DVD Recorder or VHS.

Picture quality on DVD is obviously superior.
    But a VHS recorder is of more use to me than a DVD player. The ability to record is suprisingly useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

I agree, until dvd recorders came out the format was of no use to me.
    If you only watch rental or purchased pre-recorded titles then obviously dvd is far superior in every way. If recording is more important then the choice is less clear-cut, In many ways vhs still has the edge.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

a friend of mine buy's vhs's solely on the fact that vhs's have Better boxes......

oh god!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

" You can not be serious ?.. "

J.McEnroe (Wimbledon).

P. ;) :ninja:

Advertisement