Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fergie v Mangier

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Frankly I'm speechless. A couple of nag merchants get the hump over a matter that has nothing to do with football or Man Utd and so decide to take revenge by seeking to get rid of Utds greatest manager. They should told to fvck off.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

fs things like this piss me off tbh.
    Selfish ****s :(

Its their lives and problems but leave the fecking club out of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Not sure they can do too much except kick up. Even with 25% the Directors still manage in legal terms. They choose the staff they want. If they don't like it they can call an extraordinary general meeting and hope to get more support there but I can't see the other shareholders want to shaft the Boss.

I agree with Mike65 they should take their money and go forth and multiply.

i think it is disappointing that a separate row is interfering with the day to day running of a football club but fergie is a dispicible man who wanted all or nothing.

he is so mean he even charged a charity something like €90k to appear at a dinner dance in dublin a year back.

His arrogance with players like saha recently and vieira some seasons ago were putrid.

i dont think i will be losing any sleep but thats just my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

Originally posted by tipp_Gunner
    i think it is disappointing that a separate row is interfering with the day to day running of a football club but fergie is a dispicible man who wanted all or nothing.

he is so mean he even charged a charity something like €90k to appear at a dinner dance in dublin a year back.

His arrogance with players like saha recently and vieira some seasons ago were putrid.

i dont think i will be losing any sleep but thats just my opinion

Your totally uninformed and completely wrong.

he didnt charge that charity 90k. Thats bull****. The charity got on the radio and said this.

How does he want all or nothing????

What arrogance? Explain yourself...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

What utter crap ! Try these links out !

Unicef

NSPCC
    Don't see Wenger mentiond here by the way !

Tinky

Originally posted by Ronaldo7
    Your totally uninformed and completely wrong.

he didnt charge that charity 90k. Thats bull****. The charity got on the radio and said this.

What arrogance? Explain yourself...
    he continously illegally approaches players with a view to a transfer arjen robben being the latest. his treatment of beckham also and his continous leaking of speculation with patrick vieira moving to mu 2 yr ago. his treatment ofsome man utd youths incl one who giggs on telly stated he called an ugly c**t

How does he want all or nothing????
    The conditon with the horse is that any profits from its being used as stud would go to coolmore. ferguson wants the whole shabang though he recieved the horse as a gift + he only owns half of it and already keeps all racing profits

Originally posted by tipp_Gunner

The conditon with the horse is that any profits from its being used as stud would go to coolmore. ferguson wants the whole shabang though he recieved the horse as a gift + he only owns half of it and already keeps all racing profits

Am I wrong in believing that when you give someone a gift it becomes their sole property. Without seeing any relevant documentation I would assume fergie is only claiming what is rightfully his.

he continously illegally approaches players with a view to a transfer arjen robben being the latest. his treatment of beckham also and his continous leaking of speculation with patrick vieira moving to mu 2 yr ago. his treatment ofsome man utd youths incl one who giggs on telly stated he called an ugly c**t

your wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 RT

Tipp_gunner, you're a gobsh1te!

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭wynters

As a Villa fan, I don't have any major dislike for Utd - infact I prefer them over Liverpool fans anyday - but, speaking as a neutral, I definately think the Old Trafford board should suspend all talks of a new contract for Ferguson until this matter is fully investigated.

This was going on long before the dispute over Rock of Gibraltar. Fergie was warned by the board about transfer dealings involving his sons agency long before Magnier became a director.

Remember Bernard Tapie & the situation at Marseille in the early to mid '90s - Champions of Europe demoted to the French 2nd division, and banned from buying any players for a few seasons. Man Utd - the club - could end up paying for Fergies mistakes if it's revealed that there were serious irregularities in the way it's conducted itself in the transfer market, and as shareholders - McManus & Magnier (amoungst like minded others on the Old Trafford board) have the right to protect their interests & investments.

There are a number of transfers involving Jason Fergusons agency that just do not make sense;

Why did Man Utd pay £6 million more than the asking price for Ronaldo?
    The Jaap Stam to Lazio deal?

There are 6 or 7 other dubious transfers over time that make for interesting reading.

If this is just a personality clash then I think Ferguson has bitten off more than he can chew by locking horns with Magnier & McManus. If this does go to court, it will be the job of Magniers legal team to discredit Alex Ferguson - the person' as much as possible due to the fact the whole case hinges on what was or wasn't a VERBAL agreement over the ownership, particularly the post racing career ownership of the horse. The court case could take years - if Fergusons been prosecuted for dodgy dealings between then and now, the court case could be over before it starts.

Ferguson has already been offered an out of court settlent believed to be around £7million - not bad for a GIFT which was only ever a 'verbal agreement' in the first place.

If he digs his heels in on this one and ends up finished - he'll have no one to blame but himself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Originally posted by Ronaldo7
    your wrong.
    great comeback there ronaldo

fergie has always done things his way and its not about to change now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Sherlock

Why did Man U feel it was necessary to pay an agent £750,000 to negotiate with Louis Saha's agent to persuade him to join United when Saha had already made it clear it was his ambition to join united.I posed this question to a friend who is a united fan and he told me that they had to do it to make sure he joined united. Eh??:confused:

I think you're taking a very simplistic view of an agents job Sherlock. An agent represents his client in contract dealing just as Saha's agent and Fulhams lawyers would do.

Just because Saha wanted to go to Utd. doesn't mean he could just walk in the gate of Old Trafford and say where's the ball gov?!!

Fulham were saying they did not want to let him go, he was still under contract which was almost up I think so eventually Fulham had to concede to his departure and seek the best price they could get. The agents job, as I see it, is to get the best deal for their client !

The board of united seem to be behind Ferguson and will more than likely give him a new contract. The other interested parties i.e. McManus et al, would gain nothing by getting rid of the best manager the premiership has seen in a while, this would just alienate the players which is never good IMO.

Tinky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭AmenToThat

Care not a jot whos right and whos wrong in this mess Im just happy to see Ferguson and Man Us name dragged through the mud!
    Reading the sports pages in recent days has brought a smile to my face!

Originally posted by jank
    great comeback there ronaldo

fergie has always done things his way and its not about to change now

this isnt a petty flame war like you wish it was...its not meant to be a comeback. Its a fact. I just stated he was wrong. No one and i mean no one knows for sure what Ferguson does and everyone who states they do are liars as its all english tabloid trashy ****e used to sell a paper to the unemployed gagging for something interesting to entertain their insignificant lives.

Posted By Wynters

Remember Bernard Tapie & the situation at Marseille in the early to mid '90s - Champions of Europe demoted to the French 2nd division, and banned from buying any players for a few seasons.

Theres some food for thought in your post wynters but was not allegations of match fixing that led to the above scenario. My recollection of this incident is vague so I may be wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Yes Muppet you are right,it was match fixing. I think its time for Fergie to actually get dirty, perhaps he should hire his own private investigators to look into magnier and McManus's business dealings.(just to cover boards, im not making allegations against the said two) Although knowing their political connections, it would more than likely lead to another tribunal :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭JaneyMackers

To add further to the someone's post about the Ronaldo transfer.

Why when Arsenal and Liverpool had bid of just over 4million accepted and were about to go into Personal terms did Manchester United arrive with a bid to their "FEEDER CLUB" of 12.2million?

Not only that they fired the agent handleing his transfer and Fergies son's company came in at the last min and handle the deal?

It all smacks of something dodgy.

Magnier has hired one of the best P.I companies around and it would seem this is what they have come up with.

Things are going to get very interesting and nasty before they get better at United.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Sherlock

Originally posted by tinky
    I think you're taking a very simplistic view of an agents job Sherlock. An agent represents his client in contract dealing just as Saha's agent and Fulhams lawyers would do.

Just because Saha wanted to go to Utd. doesn't mean he could just walk in the gate of Old Trafford and say where's the ball gov?!!

Fulham were saying they did not want to let him go, he was still under contract which was almost up I think so eventually Fulham had to concede to his departure and seek the best price they could get. The agents job, as I see it, is to get the best deal for their client !

The board of united seem to be behind Ferguson and will more than likely give him a new contract. The other interested parties i.e. McManus et al, would gain nothing by getting rid of the best manager the premiership has seen in a while, this would just alienate the players which is never good IMO.

Tinky

Yes I can understand why Saha needed an agent but why did united need one?.Couldn't Uniteds chief executive have handled the deal?.

Originally posted by talla
    Yes Muppet you are right,it was match fixing. I think its time for Fergie to actually get dirty, perhaps he should hire his own private investigators to look into magnier and McManus's business dealings.(just to cover boards, im not making allegations against the said two) Although knowing their political connections, it would more than likely lead to another tribunal :rolleyes:

For fnck SAke no. Not another one of those. The Lawyers are rich enough.
    Maybe they should have atribunal about that.

Sorry for the off topic, Thanks for the confimation talla.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Originally posted by The Muppet
    Am I wrong in believing that when you give someone a gift it becomes their sole property. Without seeing any relevant documentation I would assume fergie is only claiming what is rightfully his.

Yes you are, well certainly in this anyway. There are many different types of ownership in the horsey world. Look up the irish horsey people website, it may give you some more insight into it.
    Think its www.itba.ie or something.

BTW RT, one more like this and you are banned, read the charter before you post again please.
    Tipp_gunner, you're a gobsh1te!

Why should anybody eat their hearts out, or even care all that much either way. The only people that are losing out are The fans of all footballs plcs as they now knwo that this kind of thing could happen to them. Ferguson is contesting a gentleman's agreement between himself and Magnier, something in the horsey world that is tantamount to murdering somebody. Now Magnier is trying to exact his revenge by bumping out ferguson. All that ferguson has to do, if he had the best interests of the club at heart is to back down on the horsey thing and Magnier would I am sure drop the EGM threat.

Still leaves the issue of the dodgy dealing there though. There are allegations that will be investigated and in the fullness of time these allegations will be found to be based on fact or totally ungrounded.

And Rio got punished for what he did. Whats more if FIFA sign up to WADA and Rio continues to pursue his appeal then he will more than likely have his ban extended. That however is a seperate issue for a seperate day. Granted that there is alot of shady dealing in backrooms and frontrooms etc with regards football transfers but until it is brought to light it will not stop, just because man u are the first to be investigated, certainly does not mean that they will be the last and sure as hell does not mean that it is a vendetta against Man U. There was evidence presented and it has to be investigated.

As for the Ferguson, Magnier situation, Ferguson has seemingly broken a gentleman's agreement (i know it probably is the first time that his name and gentleman turned up in the same sentence but that's a different mater too) and he may los his job because like all bullies, eventually they will meet a bigger bully.

If he backed down I would be fairly sure that M & M would and that would be an end to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Mr Grumpy

To Man U Fans - please read

To ABU's - please ignore or post some unfunny remark ;)

There is a effort by Shareholders United to get all genuine Man U supporters to buy shares and help twart this kind of interference in the club by people hell bent on personal revenge.

Take a look at Shareholders United in particular the news section. Some very interesting reading which tells you how Magnier and McManus (an Arsenal supporter!) are using dirty tricks to oust Ferguson and gain control of United.
    SU members now have 17% of shares compared to the Murphia's 25%. I've bought a £100 worth of shares. Forward this to every United Supporter you know and let's see if we can try any keep Man U in supporters hands.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Mr Grumpy
    To Man U Fans - please read

To ABU's - please ignore or post some unfunny remark ;)

There is a effort by Shareholders United to get all genuine Man U supporters to buy shares and help twart this kind of interference in the club by people hell bent on personal revenge.

Take a look at Shareholders United in particular the news section. Some very interesting reading which tells you how Magnier and McManus (an Arsenal supporter!) are using dirty tricks to oust Ferguson and gain control of United.
    SU members now have 17% of shares compared to the Murphia's 25%. I've bought a £100 worth of shares. Forward this to every United Supporter you know and let's see if we can try any keep Man U in supporters hands.

Good Idea Mr Grumpy.

I too am a member of Sharholders United and have shares in the club. We now have a 17% stake in the club and it is growing monthly. All sharholders are entitle to attend the AGM and if every UTD fan Joined SU we could ensure that the genuine fans have even more of a say in the running of the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Mr Grumpy

Ripe for takeover

:(

Anyone got a couple of hundred million quid they can loan me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 RT

Why when Arsenal and Liverpool had bid of just over 4million accepted and were about to go into Personal terms did Manchester United arrive with a bid to their "FEEDER CLUB" of 12.2million?

This is complete and utter balderdash. Where did this tripe come from?

Utd did pay over the odds, but not the £8m that's claimed, I'd suspect it was a way of "rewarding" their feeder club.

It's fairly obvious all the current situation is about two greedy men trying to be top dog.

IMO Horse Racing is a pathetic pastime. It's not about sport, after all a horse is a horse and a horse will win any race. It's purely about gambling and nothing else. The fact that Magnier can accumulate wealth of €200m without paying a penny tax is absolutely galling.

McManus hasn't created one single worthwhile job in Ireland, and he's feted as being a great fellow? Donating €63m for a stadium? Build a hospital, you d1ckhead!

I would love to see the Irish Revenue step in and find some way of relieving those two pr1cks of a few hundred million euro.

Originally posted by RT

Utd did pay over the odds, but not the £8m that's claimed, I'd suspect it was a way of "rewarding" their feeder club.

It's fairly obvious all the current situation is about two greedy men trying to be top dog.

IMO Horse Racing is a pathetic pastime. It's not about sport, after all a horse is a horse and a horse will win any race. It's purely about gambling and nothing else. The fact that Magnier can accumulate wealth of €200m without paying a penny tax is absolutely galling.

McManus hasn't created one single worthwhile job in Ireland, and he's feted as being a great fellow? Donating €63m for a stadium? Build a hospital, you d1ckhead!

I would love to see the Irish Revenue step in and find some way of relieving those two pr1cks of a few hundred million euro.

where do these idiots come from!!:rolleyes:
    quite possibly the worst piece of ****e written here ever!

a horse is a horse!:rolleyes:
    yea like a spade is a spade and a football player is a football player!

RT you are banned for a week.
    PM me when you are due for reinstatement and I will let you back in.

In the meantime maybe read the Charter as an anonymous user or get somebody to mail it to you and pay particular attention to the line :-

Outbursts of personal abuse/racism etc, be it directed at other board members or at Sports people will not be. Interestingly you completely ignored the warning you got earlier today.

Jank, personal abuse will not be tolerated, this is your warning, you have been banned before and have no fear, you will be banned again if you continue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭JaneyMackers

Originally posted by RT

It's not complete BalderDash. It was widely written yesterday that one of the key area of concern for Magnier and McManus is that transfer. The Time, Telegraph, football365, skysports.com all mentioned that Aresnal had a bid accepted for not more that 5.5mil. Then united pay over 12 WHY?.Koptalk reported that Liverpool also had an agreement with the club for the player.

You say its balderdash but do not give me any proof as to why just that you "RT" thinks it is while most others confirm that I was talking the truth.

Its was also reported that Man united like in the case of the forlan tranfer insisted that the agents be replace and of course agent associated to his sons firm replaced them. Then they go and pay 6mil over the odds. They are not allow reward their feeder club [As you Say] with financial payment associated with transfers that line the pockets of agents as well as their feeder club.

Before you accuse someone of talking "Balderdash" [Who uses this word!!] offer something to back it up.

• Advertisement

Sir Alex Ferguson has hit back at Manchester United's major shareholder John Magnier, deepening the rift between the pair.

Magnier is said to have written to the club's board raising 99 questions about the club's transfer dealings, some conducted by Ferguson's son Jason.

Ferguson said: "This is distressing. My son has had a terrible time. People have been stealing his mail, going through his bin bags and hiding in bushes. In the end he has had to call the police in.

"It is all a result of what we are reading about in terms of the transfer stuff.

"It is incomprehensible that I would abuse my position at this club. I have been here 17-and-a-half years and nobody has ever raised a doubt about that.

"All of a sudden because of a private matter about a racehorse it is all coming out. It is not easy to take."

Ferguson has denied having any involvement with agents regarding the purchase or sale of players for United.

He told MUTV: "I have nothing to do with agents. I never speak to them on transfer deals, it's not my domain."

The Scot added: "When I first came to England, Martin Edwards would speak to the agent, now it is (chief executive) David Gill."

will probably make things worse for himself overall!!

the best thing he can do is drop his case against them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Looks like Ferguson has decided to get dirty like i suggested he should judging by the front page of the herald tonight.

the best thing he can do is drop his case against them

If he'd done that at the start of this dirty tricks campaign all the ABU's would be crying foul and saying he must have something to hide !!!! What rubbish !!

His best defence is to keep on managing Man U and winning games and put the board in a position where it would be impossible to sack him - not that would happen anyway. Unfortunately the board are in an akward position at the moment hence the 1 year rolling contract. This will eventually (if not already judging by today's performance) have a demoralising effect on the manager and subsequently the players. I was delighted to see the fans supporting Sir Alex today at O.T. not that there was any reason to doubt their support.

Tinky

• Advertisement

thought it would happen sooner or later
    his son is supposed to quit his job at elite sports too

sometimes bully meets a bigger bully and there is nothing fergie can do about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

This type of arrangement is commonplace in Horse Racing. An Owner or Owners approach a well known celeb to be part owner. This arrangemnet always lasts for the racing lifetime of the horse. I cannot remember a sigle situation where this has not been the case. The other side of the coin is that because the Horse was such a success, its' service fees are huge. It should make between €120 - €150 million this year in stud fess. It should continue to stud for the next 10 years, all things being equal. All those fees are Tax free btw. Fergusson wants his slice of the cake because of the huge sums of money involved. IMO he is being badly advised. He should drop the case as he will loose. I suspect that M&M will settle with Fergusson for 25 - 40M.

On the other side of things they own over 25% of the club. Regardless of what goes on in other clubs they are wise to be prudent. The whole Fergusson & Son tieup is a bit too good to be true. The board has warned Fergusson in the past about dealings with his own son, in fact if memory serves me right they asked him not to use him as an agent again. Why did he? I believe he will be investigated. I do not believe it will affect Manu's league position. It may be a bridge too far for AF though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Now Magnier wants transcripts from Fergie's interviews last Friday to see if he can sue him for defamation. This one is going to run and run..... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Hmm do I get the feeling that this is going to get real nasty soon.

Now as everyone knows I do not have much love for Manu but it strikes me as very bad form for these guys to bring a personal dispute into the running of the club. If they were truely concerned about the way transfers were conducted then they should have initiated this behind closed doors. What they are doing now could disrupt the season for the team, maybe cause the manager to walk and reduce the value of their investment in the club (unless they are planning to buy up more shares?).

Anyway at least its keeping the Gunners off the back page :)

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I agree Gandalf that its bad that a personal dispute is being bought into the game.

However I think it's a little rich that Ferguson used Man U TV and Radio to voice anger at what is going on, considering Magnier and McManus own 25% of these media devices.

Alex should settle for the good of the club and himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Originally posted by gandalf
    , maybe cause the manager to walk and reduce the value of their investment in the club (unless they are planning to buy up more shares?).
    :)

Gandalf.
    Think of nail and head!!

Advertisement