Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The New Volkswagen Golf

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

anyone agree that it looks like the new civic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭full forward

I like the 307.

peugeot_307.jpg

it looks a lot better than the new golf

vwgolfirl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

New civic, Yaris, 307, and now the Golf... any of you guys think that there'll come a day when all cars will look the exact same... seems to be going that way....

steve

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Thumbs down from me.
    Sad to say it but VW seem to be taking inspiration from the SEAT design team ,which aint a bad thing as the Leon is i nice looking car.
    Seat is an ever growing thorn in VW side,same engine,chassis etc and recently the Seats are starting to look a nicer car as to me all VW are like large rectangular boxes on wheels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

Have to give it the thumbs down too. It just looks boring and unimaginative to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Saw one today. Looks v.similar to the old one. Quite bland IMO.

• Moderators Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭LFCFan

Originally posted by Dcully
    Thumbs down from me.
    Sad to say it but VW seem to be taking inspiration from the SEAT design team ,which aint a bad thing as the Leon is i nice looking car.
    Seat is an ever growing thorn in VW side,same engine,chassis etc and recently the Seats are starting to look a nicer car as to me all VW are like large rectangular boxes on wheels.

I agree. Never liked either the Polo or the Golf. Very boxy/bulky looking cars. I went for a '03 Cordoba myself as it's as reliable as the VW but looks a lot better and a lot cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

The new Focus is supposed to be very much like the Leon iswell.

The new Opel Astra has grabed my attention on a few occasions. It looks like it will be quite a nice little stunner:

opel4-2.jpg

opel4-1.jpg

although that one is a modded astra. The standard one won't be as nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Originally posted by ando
    The new Focus is supposed to be very much like the Leon iswell.

The new Opel Astra has grabed my attention on a few occasions. It looks like it will be quite a nice little stunner:

opel4-2.jpg

opel4-1.jpg

although that one is a modded astra. The standard one won't be as nice

The current Astra drives very nicely. Miles better than the current golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

I think it looks Ok, better than the mark IV anyway. That pic posted by full forward isn't very flattering though.

Has there been much of a jump in the price though from the old model? I finished paying for my '98 Audi A3 in August last year which just happened to coincide with the launch of the new model A3. I was seriously considering getting a new one and went to the audi Ireland Website. I specced it as close to the spec of my a3 as I could and even taking euro conversion into account.....it cost €7000 more!! Now thats inflation! Poof went 3/4 of my trade in! Turns out I could get a '00 TT roadster for not much more! Looks like I'll be running my current A3 for a few more years.

So have the new Golfs experienced the same level of inflation??

• Advertisement
Advertisement