Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

newbie questions

Options
  • 25-01-2004 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭

ehh hiiiii :dunno:

ive never went scuba diving before bit of a free diver to be honest.
    just ur basic swim all year rounder...(minus the wetsuit...havent worn one since i was 13)..but really want to get my padi cert etc. i know they run a five day intensice course up in galway with about 2/3 dives a day (or so i have been told)

problem is this is in march/april anyone one know if they run one in the summer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Mick L

JessieG. welcome to the wonderful world of diving.

Where in Galway are you thinking of doing the course, Scubadive West???

I'd say your best bet is to ring whoever you're thinking of doing the course with. Some places (like SDW) will put on a course if there's enough interest even if it's not on the published schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭NordicDiver

www.scubadivewest.com

I think you can arrange a try dive with them i Leisure land, salthill. before you decide to take the big step.

wish you all the best

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Originally posted by JessieG
    ehh hiiiii :dunno:

ive never went scuba diving before bit of a free diver to be honest.
    just ur basic swim all year rounder...(minus the wetsuit...havent worn one since i was 13)..but really want to get my padi cert etc. i know they run a five day intensice course up in galway with about 2/3 dives a day (or so i have been told)

problem is this is in march/april anyone one know if they run one in the summer?

Jessie if you want to learn in the west subadivewest is the way to go. When I did my certification they ran courses in Leasureland and you do your final dives at their base in Killary. Check out their website and give them a call. They train all year round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭JessieG

thanks lads ye have been really helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Originally posted by JessieG
    thanks lads ye have been really helpful

With an avatar like that, what did you expect?? ;)

• Advertisement

true lol ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Dr Pepper

Why not come along to this? I've never been before either so you won't be the only newbie!
    Probably not too late to add another name.

Nothin to do with your avatar whatsoever by the way, nothing at all.. absolutely nothing! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Originally posted by Dr Pepper
    Nothin to do with your avatar whatsoever by the way, nothing at all.. absolutely nothing! :D

You won't be the only girl either so you'd be safe enough.

jezz i'd love to go but with the stress of fourth year i wont have free time till june. but i would DEFINITLY be interested. only i have NO EQUIPMENT. as i said above im one of those "wringles" you see hanging out the likes of the 40ft, fenit, mens cove (waterford) in my swim suit there religiously hail rain or shine. Except im 20 lol.

Come from a big family of sea swimmers

*except im in my 20's....

lol yes im blonde is it that obvious.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

Hey Jessie
    Welcome to the wonderful world of diving g'luck with the open water cert its a doddle you'll get it with ease, As for the diving well i dont really have an equipment either JessieG you can rent the stuff from just about anywhere these days. so the next boards dive would be good craic i bet, i missed the last one due to no cash and i need to do a scuba review as i havent dived for over a year now,

you should come along actually now that you mention waterford i hear diving out by the metal man is supposed to be class there a sunken german transport ship from WWII somewhere out there or so i hear!

Advertisement