Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would like some advice please

Options
  • 25-01-2004 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I used to have a vertical industrial piercing in my left ear, but work forced me to get rid of it.

I'm thinking of getting another piercing, but I'm not sure what to get. People say an eyebrow ring would suit me (you can see a pic of me from via link in my signature) but I think they're kind of boring. Nose rings do nothing for me. I don't want another vertical industrial either.

What is getting a piercing thru the skin like? (you know, beneath your lip etc.) Are healing times quick? High infection rates? Basically, I want something weird.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dragon_ninja82

Lip piercings are cool and all, and do heal fast enough (around 2 weeks and youre grand) but they arent really wierd anymore. I myself love the look of anti eyebrows:

http://www.bmezine.com/pierce/04-eyebrow/A31112/high/20031105111418.jpg

now theres a cool wierd piercing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

It may feel grand after 2 week's but a lip piercing will not heal in 2 weeks after care must continue for longer. No piercing is weird I think you should have used the word non "mainstream", I would go for a surface piercing on the arm,back of kneck or chest an anti-eyebrow is nice looking too but I'd never get away with that and work.

Piercing's arent painful so that should never be an issue and healing is grand if you do regular salt water soaks that take like 30 seconds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

Originally posted by dragon_ninja82
    Lip piercings are cool and all, and do heal fast enough (around 2 weeks and youre grand) but they arent really wierd anymore. I myself love the look of anti eyebrows:

http://www.bmezine.com/pierce/04-eyebrow/A31112/high/20031105111418.jpg

now theres a cool wierd piercing

IMHO that looks like absolute ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Silent Grape

i think it looks cool. it probably wudnt suit me tho... i need new ideas for piercings.........hmmmmmmmm

on the topic of those anti eyebrow thingys, how long do u have the black eye for??????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 DigitalAngel

Lip is a very nice piercing - I had mine placed so could wear ring or labret stud in it. Am sticking to the ring so far though.

Have you ever thought about a small orbital?
    They can look pretty damn sweet :)

What type of piercings are you not allowed have? Facial? Visible?
    You can always go below the neck..

what in the world is an orbital??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 DigitalAngel

Lol it's like having 2 "normal" piercings in your lobe or cart, but a single cbr goes through both.

You can have it placed along the lobe, conch, helix, or whatever.

One example is
    http://www.bmezine.com/pierce/01-ear/A40205/high/picture34012.jpg
    but that's not the only type.

Advertisement