Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arx Fatalis

Options
  • 25-01-2004 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭

A bit of an oldie at this stage but I only got round to playing/finishing it just before Xmas and it never seems to be mentioned here. It's well worth a look. Decent graphics, an original story, good character interaction and some excellent puzzles (not the pull this lever, get that key kind, a few are genuinely tricky). The only downer is the soundtrack, as in it doesn't have one, but the sfx and voice acting are great so it's not a complete let down in the audio dept.
    It reminds me most of a Fantasy version of DeusEx (1).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

I remember that, intresting idea and nice graphics aswell. The spell system was unique aswell, think it was hold down the shift or ctrl and move the mouse about to draw a shape or two on screen, put the right combination together and you get a casted spell :)

Didn't like the menu system though, seemed a bit dodgy at the best of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Yup it was similar to Black&white in that you actually had to memorise and then manually cast spells. Awkward as it sounds it worked well to counteract the fact that the game is heavily slanted towards spellcasters in the later levels - you actually needed some finesse and skill to be an effective mage. I didn't really have problems with the control system though, they all have their kinks, you just get used to them after a while.

Advertisement