Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dont know about U, But im finding CM hard

Options
  • 25-01-2004 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭

Im finding this versoin of CM to be very hard. It dont matter what team i play with i just dont seem to do any good. I follow what people have been saying in this boards. Been buying good players and useing some peoples traning and tacts for my team. I could be Man U or Chelsea and yet still come 2nd or 3rd in the league. And be miles behind first place.

Anyone else finding it hard ?

Before u all say it i know im a crap manager :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

It's definately the hardest CM yet, have you tried being a really small team?

I usually choose a really small division and then see which team has the best players.

Or else try being Celtic. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Originally posted by plazz2000
    It's definately the hardest CM yet,

wow, i must be doing good then :D i havent been fired in 6 seasons! where as in cm4 i was usually canned by season 2 :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

oh, and Tottenham are WAAAAAY too good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

hiya,
    curently im manager of nottm forest, they had good players to start off, in my first season i wont the first divison especially after i signed bratten and holm the two norwegian youngsters, in my maiden season in the premier league i finished 4th as these two players were now woth 10 million each, as well as buy a few other players, the third season i won it on the last day, beat chelsea by 1 point, after a few years it gets easier to sign world class players , oh and by the way anthony le tallac is awesome, all u need to do is too find the right players.

My team is robinson( 500 k from leeds as they were in admin at the time, was very surprised)
    Melchiot( free transfer from chelsea)
    Dawson, really good player
    Mexes( 3.3 milion Utd as he couldnt get in their first team)
    Babeyaro(free transfer from chelsea after 3 years)
    Kewell( big name signing from liverpool, cost me a fortune as they werent playing)
    John welsh( this guy is awesome, missed out on him the first time as he signed for villa but i went back for him after a season)
    Issac osborne( 1 million from coventry)
    Ritchie Partridge( what a player!!!!!!)
    Braathen (300 k from skeid in norway)
    Daniel Holm( same from skeid as well)

am there now 5 season and werll happy eith the challange as next stop champions league winners in another 2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Originally posted by BadCharlie
    Im finding this versoin of CM to be very hard. It dont matter what team i play with i just dont seem to do any good.
    The thing about this version of CM is that you have to change and tweak your tactics for every single match.
    In the Old CM once you got your 4-1-3-2 tactic set up with good player you could just fire away through half a season, just changing tired player for fresh ones.

But before every game in the new CM you have to look at all kind of factors, home/away? against good opposition or bad? How's team morale? What are the opposition strong points? Who do I Man mark?

What tacticss are you using? If you're Man U then just the standard 4-4-2 and then tweak it slightly, ie. give Giggs/ronaldo orders to run with ball and cross and give them an arrow running down the wing, decide what each player is good at then play to his strengths. You'll get better with practice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

originally posted by lafortezza
    The thing about this version of CM is that you have to change and tweak your tactics for every single match.
    In the Old CM once you got your 4-1-3-2 tactic set up with good player you could just fire away through half a season, just changing tired player for fresh ones.

But before every game in the new CM you have to look at all kind of factors, home/away? against good opposition or bad? How's team morale? What are the opposition strong points? Who do I Man mark?

Yer dead right there laf, I've only been playing 03/04 for a wee while with Liverpool. My away form is brutal, home form is better than in real life (wouldn't be hard). I have always used the 4-1-3-2 tactic, but I've noticed in this version that you really do have to do some tweaking with your tactics, especially away from home.

btw I recently came across a player in Italy called lafortezza, is that where u got the name from or did he copy you? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭watman

I had to keep a log file of players who need special attention in my game . It took a season and a half to put together. Now i have a basic idea of the starting lineups
    how the teams will play etc and then tweak to combat them.
    I am managing in South Africa with Supersport United. It seems to be working this season as i qualified for the African CAF Final Again and so far i ve only lost once in the league. I hold my hands up i did a Ranieri !! tweaked too much and got hammered.

Tactic been used .. Watman 442 Kamikaze

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I stick rigidly to my 4-1-3-2 and only rotate tired players.
    I haven't needed to tweak my tactics much at all, in fact in league it's just auto pilot, it's only in the CL when I may change things around.
    I'm convinced once you get your teams balance right you don't have to change your tactics. Then as long as the players coming in to replace the ones going out for a rest are on the same level you're sorted.

Season 3 -- Barcelona

Cassillas (Frey)
    Gallas (Puyol)
    Mexes (Tery)
    Chivu (van Bronckhorst)
    Ashley Cole (Fernando Navarro)
    Xavi (Iniesta / Kallstrom / van Bronckhorst)
    Arteta (Riquelme / Le Tallec)
    van der Vaart (Robben / Motta)
    Quaresma (Farnerud)
    Saviola (Samba / Sinima-Pongolle)
    Ronaldinho (Kluivert)

And considering van der Vaart can play in the middle as can Ronaldinho and Kallstrom, Farnerud can play on both wings and in the centre, and van der Vaart, Le Tallec, Farnerud and Robben can all play up front too I can mix and match.

FC Barcelona == Total Football :D

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭niallith

every1 buy fernando cavenaghi from river
    he the best player on the game by far and hes only 20 a goal machine
    ull havto pay about 19mil to gt him but its worth it :)

Is Harry Kewell always a bollix in 03/04 ?

I bought Mark Viduka for £3.5m coz I needed a big man to play with Owen/Sinama up front and straight away Harry K wanted to be transfer-listed coz he hates Viduka ! What a git, I should be able to get about £15m for him though.

I'm gonna buy that Cavenaghi lad, his stats are class, I already got his mate Teves from River.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Originally posted by Space Coyote
    btw I recently came across a player in Italy called lafortezza, is that where u got the name from or did he copy you? ;)
    yeah he's a DMC playing for Bari in Serie B, in one of my previous games of CM 00/01 he turned into an incredible player, 20 for tackling/creativity/passing/etc and was my favourite player, started using the name when playing online CS and DoD, then signed up here and it was the first thing that came into my head for a username.
    Originally posted by MakaveliFC Barcelona == Total Football
    Barcelona have a slight advantage when it comes to getting a good bunch of players together though! Money, reputation and a good starting team all help! :)
    nice team though

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

its probably the hardest yet but by far the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭ronanp

My first year with Liverpool I had a transfer budget of 10m, which was fair enough. Checked the finances during the season and tv revenue was 0 for the season. Got 12 million tv revenue the following season but despite having almost 4 million left over from the previous season, and finishing ahead of the boards expectations, got a transfer budget of 2.5 million. Add onto that that my team suddenly (overnight) went from title challenging form (thr first half of the season) to relegation standard stuff for the 2nd half. I'm assuming that the game is just buggered rather than this being a reflection of my managment skills.

Any anyone who says otherwise is a **** :-)

I also took over the Pool. Had £10m to spend the first season. But sold Heskey, Diao and Murphy for a combined £20m so I had plenty of funds for new players. Finished 4th in the league and won the UEFA Cup. 2nd season just gone has been very weird. Had a mare in the league nearly the whole season, ended up a lowly 9th !!! But made up for that by winning the Champo League. Sweeet. :D

Advertisement