Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

African cup of nations.

• 25-01-2004 11:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭

first things first and thats to tell yee that didnt know the African cup is being shown on BBC 3 this year and games are usually on around 7 in the evening.(u can watch bbc3 on sky other channels yoke press the sevices button on ur sky remore to get to that.But u do have to add the channel yourself so i advise asking how to add channels and what frequencies for the channel on the t.v. satelite forums.) i believe there is highlight either now or at 11 on BBC2 .

il post a recap after the highlights are over i dont want to spoil any1 of the results.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

here's an amazing one: Cameroon (double holders) 1- Algeria 1
    two great goals, but how did cameroon not win by miles. like city vs. Spurs in the first half today.
    must invest in BBC3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Watched the highlights last night, good goal from that Algerian fella to equalise their game. And Guinea beat DR Congo 2-1 with Bobo 'Best Defender in Britain' ((c)Eirebhoy 2003) Balde in their side.

Strange he's not in here singing Balde's praises or maybe he just won't watch him in any shirt except Celtic's :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

to the bone, that's gotta hurt, the token smiley says no though!

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Did anyone see the DRo Congo goalkeeper against Guinea yesterday? What the hell was he at?! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by TwoShedsJackson
    Watched the highlights last night, good goal from that Algerian fella to equalise their game. And Guinea beat DR Congo 2-1 with Bobo 'Best Defender in Britain' ((c)Eirebhoy 2003) Balde in their side.

Strange he's not in here singing Balde's praises or maybe he just won't watch him in any shirt except Celtic's :)
    I didn't see any of the football last night, how did Bobo do anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Way to many yellow cards in the cup.

good competition though. Anyone know when nigeria are playing?

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    I didn't see any of the football last night, how did Bobo do anyway?

Did pretty well from what I saw, as did that ex Liverpool fave, Titi Camara.

There's obviously been an edict from on high on dishing out yellow cards for diving in or around the box as there handing out loads of them so far.

Nigeria playing tomorrow at 1300 GMT according to the BBC site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

A lot of the defences are seriously dodgy, particularly on the break, nobody comes back so you have a 3 on 1 situation all the time (though nothing ever seems to come of it) And I sound like Alan Hansen here, but they really don't know how to pick up players.

Shock 1-0 defeat for Nigeria there yesterday, that'll help keep things interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

Shock 1-0 defeat for Nigeria there yesterday, that'll help keep things interesting

Not really a huge shock. Morroco are one of the few decent teams in the competition and the nigeria camp is full of bickering and hair pulling.

I'd be surprised if Cameroon don't win the competition again. I seen a few games last night and the standard is pretty poor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

ok i cant be arsed posting a recap. Mali could be a force in this competition. especially up front with freddie and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

i watched the s africa vs benin match yesterday. twas a fairly good game. better than some of the shiite you see in the premiership sometimes. it was 2 - 0 in the end to south africa, nice second goal. they musnt have many places to hold the tournament because it was in tunisia back in 1992, thats 2 out of the last 4 competitions it sbeen heldthier. legend of a country though been there on holidays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

actually thats 2 out of the last 7 tournaments. 92,94,96,98,20,22,24 . remember its hosted every 2 years. Also i found out its shown on eurosport aswell yesterday.(i knew they showed it last year but i wasnt sure about this year. Anyway today i found out that not just do eurosport show it but they show it live (unlike bbc 3) i think cameroon and rwanda are still playing now.although im not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

eurosport showing the african cup of nations anyone else seeing it?...oh well maybe not forget about it.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Just caught the highlights of Algeria - Egypt. An Egyptian player got absolutely clattered by an Algerian defender in the penalty area and then got booked for diving? :rolleyes: Good to see the level of refereeing is the same standard as the defending.

Yeah that was one of the worst decisions ever - stonewall penalty and the poor guy got booked.

Some good goals in the Cameroon-Zimbabwe game, a 5-3 thriller :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

yeah, been watching the games on Eurosport also as I was unable to get BBC 3 to work on the digibox, ne1 else get it? if so...how?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by APM
    yeah, been watching the games on Eurosport also as I was unable to get BBC 3 to work on the digibox, ne1 else get it? if so...how?
    Press Services > System Setup > Add Channels. then enter the following:

Frequency: 10.773
    Polorisation: H
    Symbol Rate: 22.0
    FEC: 5/6

Then select Find channels and use the yellow button to add the channels to "other channels", then press select.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement