Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Toolbar/Deskbar

• 25-01-2004 11:52pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

If any of you haven't seen this yet I highly recommend you take a look. I've been using the Google Taskbar for ages and I thinks its brilliant, but I've just discovered the Google Deskbar. Its a google search bar for you windows taskbar. Perfect for the ultra lazy like me, you no longer have to open your browser to do a google search. Best of all it puts it in a neat little window so it doesn't take up the whole screen... All the usualy options too. Give it a go if you haven't seen it already...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,582 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

or u could get firebird

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Yes but Google is my Friend :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Originally posted by Zascar
    Yes but Google is my Friend :D
    Firebird has google built in ... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

And not just google. I've also got IMDB, Amazon, eBay, Yahoo Finance, Dictionary.com and more.

Firebird allows you to have many search plugins and you can also make them yourself. Firebird is your friend :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Google - That's soooo last year.

Vivisimo is the new Google

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Originally posted by Cr3m0
    or u could get firebird
    or Opera

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Originally posted by daveirl
    Firebird is free!

Opera is free aswell (if you can put up with tiny text ads),
    Opera interacts better with google than firebird aswell.

I take your point though, Opera is commercial.

Advertisement