Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

honey?

• 26-01-2004 7:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I'd like to buy some good honey to a local (south Dublin, Wicklow...) beekeeper. I tried to contact these folks (http://www.irishbeekeeping.ie/) but didn't get any feedback yet...
    they are probabily "beesy"! :rolleyes:

Any good address, local markets?

Thanks
    Raphael

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭raphaelS

So... nobody can help me!

Raphael

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Try the market on a Saturday next to the IFC in templebar. I don't know if anyone sells honey there, but it's got to be worth a go. Our neighbour at home keeps bees, and occasionally gives my parents a comb of honey, and it's so delicious compared to the jars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭raphaelS

Thanks, I'll try the market in Temple bar.
    Our neighbour at home keeps bees, and occasionally gives my parents a comb of honey, and it's so delicious compared to the jars.

This is what I would like to buy, some good honey from a local beekeeper!

Raphael

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Way back when my dad was in the beekeeepers assoc, - they're not really that lively, more of a holding group for extractors and the like.

Somebody mentioned a Wicklow farmers market on boards not so long ago, but I don't remeber any details:(

But you are so right about fresh off the comb honey -mmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Whatever you do don't buy Bunalun 'organic' honey- I know someone who had it lab tested, not organic or even Irish! Actually E.U. banned Chinese honey. Chinese honey is banned in europe because they give the bees antibiotics. Mileeven organic honey is good, as is the Marks and Spencers honeycomb. M&S actually have a really good honey range.

• Advertisement
Advertisement