Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Team3.ie server

• 18-05-2000 4:24pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We have a new Q3 server. Its primarily for team3.ie training, however it IS open to the public to play on.

If the team needs to train, I would ask all public to understand and give them the server.

Its at games1.iol.ie.

Hopefully this will improve ping times and server response as per recent "requests".

DeVore.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Cheers Dev, I was runnin around it for a while and it gave a solid 30 ping pretty much all the way (although it did spike to 999 about every 5 mins, but that might have nothing to do with the server)

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

good work fella!

One question, who has rcon to kick pe0ns, change levels and that kinda thing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

just wondering what connection is the most stable to that server. I found it pretty ****e on eircom isdn. What is good for it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Nice one guys.

Getting very good pings to it. 40-51 nice and solid.. Once or twice it locked up tho, otherwise its the best yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Hmmm,
    As a rather mute point, We have 2x 128K ISDN lines in here, which give 50-70 pings to this server on IOL ISDN dial-ups. (This is during the DAY, at night, I'd imagine it will be about 50 steady.) I'll try and load the server with 4 players from here, but I suspect that it will look good. I was on last night, and my connect was the best I've seen yet, albeit I had one or two lock ups aswell.

We also have a 64k leased line (supplied by IOL) which has 3 hops to this server. I can't say what the ping times are, as the line is used during the day, but it was giving 40-50 last night, and I suspect it could be lower.

Conclusion, I can get 5 people in the same room, all with 50ish pings to that server. NIce one lads.

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

That isnt going to be used to play Euro league games on. The swiss, portuguese and spanish would have a fit (I would if I were them! smile.gif )

Its to be used to train and practise.

Speaking of which, lets get some online practise in if we can.

That server can also be used for irish leagues etc.

It basically came about due to poor quality connections to the IGN server. Its was in discussions when people complained about the existing Q3 server, however I didnt want to discuss it at that point.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭daire

I get 1 ping. *PING*
    Yay.

Advertisement