Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about DDR Ram.

• 26-01-2004 11:27am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok got a stick of 512mb 266ddr pc2100 ram from a friend who bought it abroad for me last week.And since I cant return it I need a question answered.Part no on the ram is Kingston KVR266X64C25/512.

Can this be used in a non-ddr ram mobo ie-- Its an old bx board with a 1.4 celeron.
    Physically it looks similar,but I dont want to open it as I could probably sell it on if its no use to me.
    Thanks.
    Richie.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

If your board doesnt support DDR which I think is the case then no you cannot not use the DDR memory in your motherboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Your MB wont reconize the DDR ram...... so no you cant..

Thanks joePC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭ronanp

Have you decided to sell? I'd give ya 50 quid for it

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Originally posted by ronanp
    Have you decided to sell? I'd give ya 50 quid for it

Its for sale on the For sale board.Looking for €85.00 for it---Cost me £70.00 sterling.

Cheapest I can find the same module is €60.00 which working on a rate of 1.40 is €84.00.Its brand new still sealed in the box.
    Richie

Advertisement