Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NetSol.com - changing admin contact email

Options
  • 26-01-2004 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi there,

Has anyone gone through the pain of trying to change the admin contact email address on a domain registered with Network Solutions, where the current email address is defunct?

We have a domain that is in such a position. The admin contact email address is a HOMENET.IE one.

homenet.ie is from a company taken over by Esat and now esat are denying knowledge of this email address, even though esat are quite happy to bill for the domain. So, domain transfers cannot be approved.

There used to be a process with NetSol where you could fax your passport, etc to them and they could process the change manually. However, this appears to be history.

Can anyone out there help? How do you deal with NetSol in this situation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

Originally posted by DC
    There used to be a process with NetSol where you could fax your passport, etc to them and they could process the change manually. However, this appears to be history.

Can anyone out there help? How do you deal with NetSol in this situation?

Netsol should still have the old system in place. From the Migration FAQ in the Help Section:

"Q: What if I don't receive my Account Number / Usernames and password? A: The Legal Contact will receive an e-mail containing the Account Number / Username. For security purposes, we are postal mailing the account password to the Legal Contact. The postal mail will be sent immediately after you receive the e-mail confirmation of your account being successfully upgraded. If for some reason you do not receive the postal mail, please reference the Letter of Authorization document or you can contact customer service to assist you at 1-866-462-6021."

Best to contact their customer service by e-mail - they should reply within 24 hours or so.

Regards...jmcc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Is the domain name edpac.com?

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DC

Good deduction Adam. You must have come accross this before or just seen the plain obvious from the email address. I forgot that when I was pasting the email address. Maybe it was policy to create an email account or alias for each domain they registered.

As it turns out, the email was live and probably forwarding to the esat hostmaster (despite the esat account manager's protestations to the contrary). And finally a transfer has been accomplished, though it took a lot of phone calls to esat to progress it.

Just another frustration with Esat/Eircom domain name transfers that one has to go through every now and again.

** Edit: Removed email from first post, just in case spammers get a hold of it. **

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Originally posted by DC
    Good deduction Adam. You must have come accross this before or just seen the plain obvious from the email address. I forgot that when I was pasting the email address. Maybe it was policy to create an email account or alias for each domain they registered.
    I was supposed to do some work for them before, but we went round the roundabouts and nothing came of it -- the name in the email address tipped me off. I was curious because the address you gave is the technical contact, not the admin contact. Tech-c means jack.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

If you can persuade Netsol to allow an internal transfer away from the Esat reseller account you should be ok

• Advertisement
Advertisement