Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop graphics card for gaming

Options
  • 26-01-2004 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭

I've just bought a Fujitsu apper with the following graphics setup

Intel® 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Controller (Intel® 852/855 Chipset Family)

Intel 855GM with integrated 32-bit 3D/2D graphics
    controller with dynamic video memory technology
    allowing the usage of up to 64MB RAM as video
    memory depending on amount of main memory,
    3-D accelerator

I've had trouble trying to play GTA:VC on it and I'm pretty sure it's down to the card - just how bad is this setup ?

Can anyone guess what "normal" card (Radeon etc) would it be equivalent to so I don't go out and get me another game I can't play ?

Where could I price new video cards for laptops ?

Thanks for you help !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

friend of mine has the same card in his laptop, he had the same problem and just downloaded the latest driver for the card and everything is fine now!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

its best to get a dedicated G-card, i am going for a 64mb geforce hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

Thanks sjones - I tried that last night but to no avail.

I kept getting a windows error - do you know what operating system your mate's running ?

This is driving me cuckoo - any help would be appreciated.

I've downloaded the latest versions of the graphics driver and DirectX ...

Nnnnnngggghhh ....

Fixed by these drivers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Dont get a Nvidea card for a Laptop, the Radeon 9600 Pro series for laptops are the dogs ****... Big time!

I have a 3Ghz P4 laptop with a 64mb Radeon 9000, a mates has the same spec laptop only with a FX5200 card...

In Aquamark, I came in with a score of 13,000 compared to his score of 7,000. The difference you ask? I can play Halo, he cannot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

got for the 9600pro m8 of mine has it also check the setting on ur laptop u could have power save on which means the cpu usage is restricted

Advertisement