Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converting a video file with a .ogg extension to .avi or .mpg - anyone know how?

• 26-01-2004 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Cant find any software to do this. think the audio in the file is encoded using ogg vorbis and nero vision express which I use to burn DVDs cant transcode the file for burning. Anyone know how I could convert the file type??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

virtualdubmod will do it for you.
    i need more information to say anymore.
    what is the video encoded with for example?
    i assume the current file has a .ogm extension?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

have a look at www.everwicked.com and www.doom9.org . You'll probably need to transcode the audio from ogg vorbis to MP3 (you might want to go the whole hog and transcode it to AC3 for storage on the DVD...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

is there not a .ogg/.ogm filter for nero? Do a google for it.

If not, then just use virtualdubmod. Open the file, go to the Streams button, and decode the audio stream (probably .ogg) as a .wav. Then just encode it to mp3 or whatever.

Then, go back to teh streams tab and disable the .ogg thats already inside the video, and import the .mp3 you just made. Then save the file as complete.avi or somthing.

Advertisement