Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

outlook and anti spam tools

• 26-01-2004 3:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭

What are the best apps that you use with outlook that prevent/block spam, am fed up deleting 200 messages a day and then occasionally deleting important joke emails, and the like

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

I recommend spamassassin. It uses a series of heuristic tests based on previous examples of spam as well as user defined rules to determine whether a given piece of email is spam or not.

For more information regarding heuristic and statistical approaches to combating spam, I suggest you read Paul Grahams plan for spam.

Also in outlook you should be able to define your own set of message rules. I think you'll find it under Tools -> message rules. A rudimentary set of rules should be able to block most of your spam (hint: block anything marked as "high priority").

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

POPfile

Fantastic spam filter - mine is at about 98% accuracy :)

Advertisement