Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batch file - automatic run?

Options
  • 26-01-2004 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭

Howdy!

Anyone know how to make a batch file that will run at a certain time every day? - automatically

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

There is a scheduler in Win XP (Accessories/System Tools) and I suppose its in the last few versions of windwos as well ... the XP one is very flexible ... no doubt there are millions of freeware / shareware alternatives that add different functionality

Google is my friend, it can be your friend as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Dr Pepper

Thanks Big Eejit,
    I seem to have the same thing with 2000 here.. How have I never seen that before? :rolleyes: That will certainly be a handy one..

PS - I must have a look at this "Google" you speak of.. Where can I get one of those? :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

make sure the task scheduler service is running

In NT/2K/XP you can use AT at the cmd prompt
    (though you have to fiddle with interactive and the cmd sometimes)

Advertisement