Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Series

Options
  • 26-01-2004 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭

I found this book the other day, actually i kicked it off a shelf by accident

It's called "Dragons of Autumn Twilight", its the first in the "dragon lance" series, its from 1986, and its by margaret weis and tracy hickman

Anyone heard of it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

Seen it in the library loads of times, along with the rest of the series and one or two others, but never bothered to actually read them. They always seemed a bit to cliched and silly from what i'd read on the back of them. Any know if they're any good?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

:eek: Newbie alerts! :eek:
    Ask any fantasy reader of a certain age and you'll find a huge percentage of them started off on these novels! These are the series of books that got me, and many people I know, into reading modern fantasy! They were a great trilogy, a modern classic that spawned many inferior books.

Read 'em! Raistlin kicks ass! He showed us young ones that nerds can do it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I'm part of the way in,
    they just found out about the discs
    and im already hooked, it's great so far.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Exellent intro into the Fantasy genre, and liked them alot went they came out. There are followups but none equal this trilogy in the Dragonlance Universe. It does seemto be bit simplistic, good vs bad guys, except for the complex character that is Raistlin, enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

The Dragonlance books were great, spawned a series of CRPGS from SSI for the PC/Amiga/C64/AppleII as well.

Haven't read them in years, probably since about 1992...

• Advertisement

Originally posted by James Melody
    The Dragonlance books were great, spawned a series of CRPGS from SSI for the PC/Amiga/C64/AppleII as well.

Haven't read them in years, probably since about 1992...

Really?

there were games??

Any chance you know the names of some of them, i love a good rpg game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

Ooohhh....Pool of Radience springs to mind...

Can't remember the names of the others...

Check on the Underdogs website under SSI... you can d/l most of them from there...

Cheers!

Advertisement