Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beware: UTV Retards

Options
  • 26-01-2004 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭

Word up.

This is quite annoying.

I cancelled my UTV account (internet/phone) about 6 months ago as I was moving apartment. A girl there called Emma replied saying "account cancelled". But EVERY month since then I get a bill which I respond to Emma saying, "Hello? My account was cancelled X months ago."

Today I get a phone call from them saying my debts are being passed onto a debt collection agency or something. I told them my situation, but apparantly they want ME to pay for all the phonecalls (to Germany of all places!) and internet access that has been used on the line since then (by the new tenants.)

I patiently tried to explain that the mistake is theirs, I don't live their anymore, I cancelled my account 6 months ago, and I've been pointing out (to Emma) that my account was cancelled every month since then...

Their response? You have to pay!

They wish. Now I have to go to the trouble of finding my original e-mail and sending it onto... EMMA!

God damn.

/rant over

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭ronanp

This "Emma" sounds like a nice girl. You might be onto a good thing here... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I've had a bit of dealing with Emma myself over an old XL account. However mine was all sorted out very quickly. Good luck with the debt collectors.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,508 ✭✭✭corkie

Originally posted by Johnny Versace
    I cancelled my UTV account (internet/phone) about 6 months ago as I was moving apartment. A girl there called Emma replied saying "account cancelled".

Did you send a snail mail letter or just use e-mal/phone contact to cancell your account?

Did you also terminate your line rental with Eircom?

Who has been paying the last two line rental bills? If they have been payed?

Sugestion: Foward your UTV bills to EIRCOM with as much details as possible. If the new Tenents have changed the billing name on the Eircom Account they may be able to pass on the correct details to UTV.

If you didn't cancel the account with Eircom, you may have more Debts in your name than just the UTV ones.

Best of Luck getting it sorted. Let us know the outcome if you do.

Other sources of help would be to contact COMREG and or your previous landlord/lady.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 n00bee_cracker

i had the same problem, i cancelled my account ,but they did'nt recognise it as cancelled for another 2 months!!!
    it took a lot of phone calls to their accounts office! which i had to pay for too!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I was living at my parents from the start of the year til end of September and had UTVip all that time....cancelled my account and got confirmation (albeit verbal :( ) that it had been cancelled.
    My Dad rang me about a week ago saying the eircom bill had just come in and there was €0.00 calls charged on it...and that he thinks it was the same the month before.

UH OH.

• Advertisement
Advertisement