Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Masters 2004

• 26-01-2004 5:32pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The Masters from Wembley is due to start on next sunday for a week & it will be covered on BBC all week.

Here is the draw.

The picks of the early round matches are:

Doherty vs Davis

Williams vs Stevens

& if White can win his 1st round matche he'll play Hendry.

My predictions :
    Stevens
    vs
    Higgins              Higgins
                         vs                         & Higgins to win   :)
                         O'Sullivan
    O'Sullivan
    vs
    Hendry

Any other predictions?

Who'll win? 17 votes

Mark Williams
    0% 0 votes
    Matthew Stevens
    0% 0 votes
    Steven Hendry
    0% 0 votes
    John Higgins
    17% 3 votes
    Ken Doherty
    11% 2 votes
    Ronnie O'Sullivan
    5% 1 vote
    Paul Hunter
    41% 7 votes
    Jimmy White
    0% 0 votes
    Peter Ebdon
    17% 3 votes
    Steve Davis
    0% 0 votes
    Stephen Lee
    5% 1 vote
    Other (Please state who)
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Since Ronie is due to take a break soon I think he will really be up for any tournament until then. So Ronnie it is.:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

i'm praying to god it'll be Jimmy but i shan't be holdin my breath

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

Hopefully it will be O'Sullivan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

my bets are on Ronnie.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Theres supposed to be a nice new Waterford Crystal trophy this year for the winner to replace the old Benson & Hedges trophy.

Looks good:

ma3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

John Higgins will win the masters! GOE John GOE!!!

My 1000th post! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

A 16 year old Chinese fella beat Joe Perry today, can't remember his name. He got two centuries and about 96/97% pot success rate. They also said if he didn't win another match he will make £9,500 which is 10 times more than the average annual wage in Bancok (or wherever he's from). Really great player, not only for his age but altogether, and I would love to see him go far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    A 16 year old Chinese fella beat Joe Perry today, can't remember his name. He got two centuries and about 96/97% pot success rate. They also said if he didn't win another match he will make £9,500 which is 10 times more than the average annual wage in Bancok (or wherever he's from). Really great player, not only for his age but altogether, and I would love to see him go far.

was watching him play yesterday..... he seemed to play extremly well but lost his way in the end..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Jimmy 6 - Hendry 4

woot!

Originally posted by DMT
    Jimmy 6 - Hendry 4

woot!

Yeah, great match that, I was delighted with him winning, pity about the gob****e in the crowd & the table conditions though, but World Snooker have last night completely insepcted the table/cloth/cussions etc. so they should hopefully be fine for the rest of the week. :)

Also, Mark Williams (defending champ) is out to Paul Hunter this afternoon 6-5. Looked like a great qual match too but I only caught the end of it. Higgins vs Lee is this evening match.

Semi-finals draw:

Paul Hunter
    vs
    Stephen Lee / John Higgins

Ronnie O'Sullivan / Ken Doherty
    vs
    Peter Ebdon / Jimmy White

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭substr

F**kin ronnie o sullivan - I had money on ken :(
    Still was a good game though ken wasnt at his best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Stunning final anyway.. girly-boy Hunter back from 6-1 down to win 9-10 (his third 10-9 victory)... 4 or 5 centuries, stunning performance from him, Ronnie just didn't look together in the final evening session at all, although some unbelivable shots from him too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Originally posted by substr
    I had money on ken :(
    Bad luck ;)
    Originally posted by substr
    ken wasnt at his best
    :D:D:D

Great Final, Kali sums it up perfectly.

What a great match, both players were on top form, Pauls safety play was top notch (second session anyway) & it didn't give Ronnie many chances at all.

The funny thing is no one even voted for him in the poll, sure what do we know. :rolleyes:

That "Plan B" seems to work vereh well. ;):D

ma18.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Dr Pepper

Great match.. I don't know how they play under that pressure. I wouldn't have been able to pot a ball just from watchin it! It was so nerve-racking.. even though I wasn't really up for anyone!

I usually hate Hunter with a passion but ya gotta hand it to him, it was an amazing performance. So cool when behind and fabulous cueing technique throughout!

Advertisement