Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return to the castle Wolfenstein or Soldier of Fortune 2??

Options
  • 26-01-2004 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

Which is better???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Wolfy by far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Caffine

would depend which type of game u like tbh, iv played both and now cant stand rtcw, dont like the speed of gameplay etc, just doesnt suit me, sof2 on the other hand in slightly slower pace and in my opinion a bit less arcadey(cant think of any other word to describe it)

but as i said all depends on what u like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

i'd say rtcw myself as i liked the faster gameplay , i bought sof2 on the day it was released and brought it back 2 or 3 days later but thats not to say that you won't like it .

i was in game today ( blanch ) and sof2 is on sale for 30 yo-yos but rtcw is still 60 yo-yos :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I ddint play SOF2

RTCW is good but has a limit on the amount of times you can complete it before getting bored. Also it is very short singleplayer. The multiplayer was nothing compared to CS so it has neaver interested me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Wolfy all the way, baby.
    When you see the leather clad nazi chicks...youll thank me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

both have disapointing single players (they end too quick) and the endings are by far the worse in a fps.

on multiplayer i havnt played SOF2 online but it doesnt seem to have much RTCW though still has support for its multiplayer with such lovelies as the on enemy territory pack etc.

I would pick RTCW cause of better multiplayer and level design in single player is better too. But the weapons in SOF2 are more fun but ultimately wasted by the lack of stuff to shoot.

-but aint they both by Raven???

RTCW is a far suprior game to SoF2.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Ragamuffin

Thanks for that all of ye:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

SOF2: AI is more challenging.

RTCW is too easy even on the top difficulty level.
    only thing challenging is the fems with their silenced stens.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,388 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

They are both pretty bad FPS.

I prefer RTCW since about 4 of the single player levels were excellent but the rest were crap. The multiplayer is fantasic.

SOF2 is just plain rubbish with no redeeming features what so ever.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

RTCW was probobly better, but there's nothing like slashing and chopping the arms/legs/head off a dead corpse in SOF2:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I play SoF2 CTF on Jolt4 all the time, its great fun if you like mindless shooting online however it does have its downside, its very laggy unless you have good broadband, im on isdn and my pings spike like crazy coz theres so much goin on, anytime i tried dual isdn my pings were completely stable. Another downside is theres hardly any maps played, mostly jordan which is the best map anyway. Sof2 for me personally is more fun than CS but just doesnt have the lastability compared to CS, RTCW on the other hand i tried a few times online and just couldnt get into it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

wolfy all the way for me please, but im only saying that cos i like ww2 games, wasnt mad bout sof2

hell get mohaa lol or 42!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Shred

I really liked the atmosphere in RTCW, but I really like the action/wepons in SOF2. I'd probably pick RTCW though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Tails

Are you mad man! RTCW it has to be! i thought SOF got very monotonous in the single player very quickly and i prefer the team based games in RTCW. Plus i thought RTCW looked a lot better than SOF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

IMHO, SOF2 is better than return to castle Volfenstein, but SOF1 is better than them both

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

SoF2 MP, without a doubt.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

where sof2 really shines is its online CTF mode, great fun but is the most bandwidth hungry game ive seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=99563

if anyone wants to offer a swap for sofII, go there...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

SOF2 is one of the best online shooters Ive ever played -and i have all of them. Wolfenstein sucks. It just doesnt play well online. Class single player game though. And SOF2 is the suckiest thing that ever sucked single player. Didnt even bother playing past the 2nd level it was so bad. But online it is a gem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement