Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winamp5 ID3 tag problem

• 26-01-2004 6:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,
    Firstly, I don't use MP3 tags, in fact I hate them with a passion. I've just upgraded to Winamp 5.01.

Problem:
    Say I have a file called: "Queen - Night At The Opera - 01 - Bohemian Rhapsody"

This is now coming up as "Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody".

I've gone to Prefs/Plugins/Input/"Mpeg Audio Decoder"/Configure/"Title Tags" and unticked the "Read ID3v1/v2 tags for files" That worked for Winamp3, but for some reason, it's still happening in Winamp5. I've tried setting both of the options to "%7", to get it to show just the file name only, but again, this is not working. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Sinecure.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,582 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

go into general prefs >> Titles >> Advanced Title Formatting >> Untick it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

I saw that a wee while after posting. At first it was giving my a pile of crap instead of the right details, but after playing about with it a bit, I got it working in the end.

Thanks.

Advertisement