Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biscuit appreciation thread.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Originally quoted by alany I would like to open a challenge to anyone that would accept .

Ill bet you cant eat a pack of Jaffacakes in 5 minutes

with nothing to drink

There is no prize...just Jaffa cake fun

Alan.

Oh God I was sure you'd said 3 minutes, so I went out and got a packet of jaffa cakes, and ate the lot in 2 minutes and 58.52 seconds! Thats less than 15 seconds per jaffa cake - and it's just too quick to enjoy them. I started getting this really heavy pressure in the back of my head after the eight one. I think I've been put off jaffa cakes for life now, damn you Alany:D :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Ye i tried that aswel LOL. It reminds me of that one where you have to eat 3 (or is it 5??) cream crackers in 3 minis without a drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

A good biccie has to have that dunkabilty factor....half of it mustn't fall off into your tea/coffee...and if it does it shouldnt turn to sludge in the bottom...

Haven't been able to face Jaffa Cakes ever since I helped hide the evidence from the Great Supermarket Jaffa Cake robbery in my home town...4 or 5 of us ate a cardboard box full of Jaffa Cake boxes (24 I think) over 2-3 sickly stomach bursting hours.......

My faves....

Rich Shorties
    Shortbreads (the pricey ones you get around xmas time)
    Danish Butter Cookies (xmas again!!!)
    Choc Chip Cookies
    Pink Wafers (lose points for no dunkability)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Beer Baron

I'm more of a crackers man- cream crackers, ritz crackers, cracottes...smothered with philidelphia- mmm!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

LU - White chocolate / Peach version of Jaffa cakes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

"RICH TEA, ARE **** FOR DIPPING, and they tease ya, you have to bite a bit off before they fit in your brew, Hobnobs, now theres a biscuit for dipping!"

John

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭palance

I second hobnobs. oatnobblyicious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

You know those chocalate finger biscits, you can bit off both ends of them and suck tea through them like a straw and then eat
    ahh memories of simpler times.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

TOFFEETOPS AND CHOCLETE CHIP COOKIES (the triple kind)

send me to heaven!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭jerenaugrim

Hobnobs. One nibble and you're nobbled, like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Smurphy

Toffee Pops rule....chocolate, biscuit and toffee-caramel stuff........mmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Toffee Pops? Jaffa Cakes????? You're all biscuit heathens- yes they're yummy in a way, like the way cider was yummier than Guiness when you were 15. Surely we're all grown-up enough to realise that the true King of biscuits is the Cafe Noir? As a professional Chef i insist that I'm right. Failing that a dark chocolate Hob-Nob. Here's a chef type tip: Bite the diagonally opposite corners off a Penguin bar,(you could use a generic copy but nothing works as well as a penguin) dip one of the now open corners into a cup of coffee or tea prepared as you like and suck the other bitten corner until you've reached the beverage of your choice. Now shove the whole Penguin in your mouth and prepare yourself for the meltingest chocolaty burst of biscuit orgasm. Seriously. Try it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

A good plain chocolate digestive always wins for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

Chocolate Kimberly, hobnobs and especially chocolate hobnobs:D yummy!

Advertisement