Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL->BW

Options
  • 19-05-2000 7:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭

yo, talkign with some ppl, trying to find a better way to ping to BW for this up-comin league we in.

The connect at UL is good right? but is just **** connect to BW servers?

If anyware in ireland has a good connect to BW, and good bandwidth, we can run a socket on there machine, and connect to that from UL, then to BW. This will make the connect like playing from the good place, if u understand me...

anyware in ireland got good connect to bw, who could run this socket?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

How about when the games are on, take down the IOL team3.ie server and set it up as a "socket" and route through that. I'm sure IOL's backbone has good connections to BW?
    Just an idea....

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Overlord

Lads, i think the team3.ie selectors are a few steps ahead of ye with the rumour of a room just for the team to play with a good line out.
    IMO UL would have been the best place to play from BUT with the advent of end of term Plassey cant be used. So its back to a room somewhere, anywhere really - with a good enuff connect.

[This message has been edited by Overlord (edited 19-05-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Ser

pld?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

lads trust us - we are doing all we can. Dev has connections coming out his **** in this country. If we have go go to donegal to get a good ping we'll ****ing do it..

I wanna beat the brits on a f00kin lan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

don't take your petty troubles to Donegal!

we got enough to deal with up here!

acctually thought the rest of the country had forgotten us.....refreshing referal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

chris ul has always had a problem with bad routing to barrysworld. if a packet forwarding proxy was set up in eircom or iol or on any computer on janet we would be gettign sub 40 to bw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

mainly due to heanets dire e2 janet connect.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Overlord

nah the janet connect is fine.

Advertisement